jan8p

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Genghis said:

I honestly have no complaints. The wait was less than I expected and the visit was professionally done.

Exactly my point- I applied to D&C in July 2020... 1st GP report done in June 2021, 2nd GP report (after Plymouth) done in December, had my interview a month ago, references checked within 2 days, still waiting...

11 minutes ago, Anthony8468 said:

Applied for my SGC and fac back in December 2020 payed the grant renewal a couple of days after they received the grant form then got my interview on the 3rd of September 2021 still haven’t received licence emailed them a few times and all they saying is it’s in the final stages.

Have they said if it's a yes or a no? Who's that with? Honestly don't know how they think it's acceptable

3 minutes ago, Lurch003 said:

Have they said if it's a yes or a no? Who's that with? Honestly don't know how they think it's acceptable

When I had my interview I said how do I find out if it’s a yes or no he said if it was a no he would have told me there and then since the interview I have emailed them a few times and they saying it’s on its final checks and it’s taking longer down to covid and short staffed and that is with Durham firearms 

1 minute ago, Anthony8468 said:

When I had my interview I said how do I find out if it’s a yes or no he said if it was a no he would have told me there and then since the interview I have emailed them a few times and they saying it’s on its final checks and it’s taking longer down to covid and short staffed and that is with Durham firearms 

Fingers crossed it's not too much longer. Would never want them to not do things properly, but can't help thinking the system is broken. Renewals and grants are a complete mess down here. 

3 minutes ago, Lurch003 said:

Fingers crossed it's not too much longer. Would never want them to not do things properly, but can't help thinking the system is broken. Renewals and grants are a complete mess down here. 

Hopefully not much longer and a don’t have a clue what’s going on hopefully it’s sorted soon and the process is a lot quicker for every one 

• 3 weeks later...

@Lurch003 Thanks for posting a status as a fellow Dorset/Devon/Cornwall applicant.

Wondering if I have the record on this thread - applied 491 days ago. Have yet to be contacted by FEO. GP letter done, payment done. Every-time I chase its just a "sorry cant tell you anymore" blah blah "covid backlog".

If my sister can work in A&E 6 days a week over the past 24 months - you can do some paperwork.

Useless doesn't come close.

16 minutes ago, dorsecore said:

@Lurch003 Thanks for posting a status as a fellow Dorset/Devon/Cornwall applicant.

Wondering if I have the record on this thread - applied 491 days ago. Have yet to be contacted by FEO. GP letter done, payment done. Every-time I chase its just a "sorry cant tell you anymore" blah blah "covid backlog".

If my sister can work in A&E 6 days a week over the past 24 months - you can do some paperwork.

Useless doesn't come close.

As of today, that's 611 days so far for me!!!

Put my fac grant application  with d and c in mid may 21. Fee payed. Then was told when I managed to get in contact with them at the end nov 21 i needed gp report report send in dec and have heard nothing back since. The system is 100% broken. I feel sorry for the gun shops have really lost a lot of revenue with new gun sales due to all these issues. It has been a strange old couple years for everyone and really did expect long  delays but didnt expect this long. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Lurch003 said:

Woohoo!!! Pleased for you dude! Chased mine this week and was told it's on the supervisors desk... 

Whatcha looking at getting at the weekend? 

Hopefully getting a 17 hmr anschuts I have had my eye on and not to sure on shot gun yet going to go and have a look at a few at the weekend to see what they all feel like 

• 3 weeks later...

Renewal is due May 7... same day as Harrogate show 😅

Forms arrived 20/1

med form to docs 20/1.... refused to complete unless private for £200!!!!!!

medcert contacted same day, paid. Bit of a glitch as my signature had evaporated from my consent form so had to re submit by email. Probably added another week on.

doctors sat on it until 22/3

sent to Firearms Lancashire 22/3

paid 4/4

FEO visit today

just hoping cert arrives before the show as I am in need of retail therapy. FEO said he would flag it as urgent

all gone swimmingly apart from the doctors

9 hours ago, Diver One said:

Forms arrived 20/1

medcert contacted same day, paid. Bit of a glitch as my signature had evaporated from my consent form so had to re submit by email. Probably added another week on.

paid 4/4

FEO visit today

just hoping cert arrives before the show as I am in need of retail therapy. FEO said he would flag it as urgent

That’s disgusting behaviour from the GP’s mate

9 hours ago, TK421 said:

That’s disgusting behaviour from the GP’s mate

Yes, I did form that opinion myself. I told them I would be happy with £75 for speed ( £60 with Medcert ) AND that I would require a full invoice and receipt😂😂😂. I explained ( as it states on the form ) that the Doc is NOT saying I am fit to have a SGC it is to CONFIRM that I am not on any medication OR have any illness/history that would adversely effect any decision. They weren't bothered

apart from chasing Medcert once everything went smoothly. Didn't realise until I talked to FEO yesterday that I could have tagged on a Section 1 application for an Air Rifle for ratting on my mates farm and made it coterminous and it would have been cheaper for future renewals. Hey ho, I'll stick with my sub 12 ft-lbs

On 25/04/2022 at 23:09, Diver One said:

Forms arrived 20/1

paid 4/4

FEO visit today

Fingers crossed you get better luck than me... FEO Visit back in January... Still waiting...

• 2 months later...

I got a call yesterday from D&C asking have I paid for my application?!! Confirmed I had on 30/7/20 (!) and was told certificates are being produced and will be with me this week.

I'm speechless and overjoyed- 720 days since initial application... 6 months since interview and reference checked. It's like they had a deadline to get in before the 2 years.

What a long and unduly arduous journey, but thankfully worth the wait... Now who's selling decent rifles and shotguns at a reasonable price?!!

Wow, 2 years! That’s just batty! 

im a little over 200 days since original application but they were suspended for a bit, and 107 days since my second application, had the interview now just waiting for the paperwork

I bet you’re thrilled, hopefully the delay hasn’t diminished your desire to take part in the hobby

Edited by Pops_Hants