3D printing

humperdingle

I’ve owned a 3D printer for some time now and printed various stuff.

Not much relevant to shooting, though 🤔 (Unless you regard Star Wars blasters as ‘shooting’ related 😂)

Anybody printed interesting shooting items? I quite fancy printing a collection of shotgun or rifle ammo for size comparison.

I've designed a printed some mag holders for my air rifles, bipod hamster, air tank whip holder, semi-auto shotgun flags and a few other items. Was going to do magazines but the time to design and print/prototype is more than the cost of buying.

I tried printing dummy rounds for practising PSG loading but the layers were weak around the cartridge rim.

3 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Somewhat off-topic, but what are you lot using to draw the parts you subsequently print?

I've been using Sketchup for years for most of my designs. I've tried a lot of other tools but keep going back to it. Fusion 360 is very good though and I know a lot of people have great success with it. It can depend a lot on your thought process. I prefer straight lines, adding sections and planes as I go. Others prefer extrusions and boolean processes to get the shape they want

If you want a money making project..............The lee load all can be had in various gauges with a conversion kit. This is essentially a plastic replacement in the chosen gauge, i.e. 12,20, etc. Lee doesn't do a 410 conversion for some strange reason. Whilst a bit basic, the dies make a far better job of crimping than the Mec, and so identical modelling, but scaled to the 410 would be a cracking project!

https://www.henrykrank.com/reloading/lee-reloading/lee-load-all-ii-conversion-kit.html

Edited by turbo33