Beretta S686 issues

Cloudhopper

Hi, I joined the forum last year when I started clay shooting again and have found the forum to have many knowledge members, with this in mind I have a question reference my  Beretta 686 30” sporter which I bought new in 1987.  
It has been lightly used  with less than 10,000 cartridges going through it, and has always been cleaned and oiled after use. 
 The other day l took off the stock and removed the trigger assembly from the action to gain access to the top lever screw which had come loose. After resecuring the top lever screw with low strength loctite  I had a good look around and  noticed  a groove in the right hand ( bottom barrel) cocking rod channel, caused by the fore-end iron R/H lever by the looks of it, has anybody else seen this?   Photo attached   
I’m located just west of Aberdeen and  just started clay shooting  again in the summer,I’m aware of the gun shop/ dealers near me but not a gunsmith,any recommendation would be appreciated 

Hope you can help

cloudhopper

2BA77367-177B-4C9A-B977-B3C710466E3F.jpeg

21B9EA98-EF61-49F1-AF7E-6DF6DAE9FBDD.png.f9b667b94168285c4450f92ae80e286b.pngThe cocking rod is fully rearward  as I was able to operate the spring loaded cocking levers from the rear of the action, normally they are full forward and the grooved area is hidden, The contact point on the  fore-iron lever is not polished like the other side, but matt  and  not as smooth to the touch.