AYA super solway?

wildfowler.250

I’ve been toying with getting an aya number 3 as a novelty and a change once or twice a year from the semi auto. There seems to be plenty of these for sale. Of the two I’d prefer to try and pick up a super solway / 32” barrel but there doesn’t seem to be as many for sale. Does anyone know of any knocking about in the back of a gun shop somewhere?

Cheers!

40 minutes ago, wildfowler.250 said:

I’ve been toying with getting an aya number 3 as a novelty and a change once or twice a year from the semi auto. There seems to be plenty of these for sale. Of the two I’d prefer to try and pick up a super solway / 32” barrel but there doesn’t seem to be as many for sale. Does anyone know of any knocking about in the back of a gun shop somewhere?

Cheers!

Hello, look on gun watch for Graham Brock in Hertfordshire , he might have one, 

4 hours ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Cheers!

If you can’t get a Super Solway Then But a aya no3 magnum I bought one with the same intentions of using it as a novelty fast forward a few years I use it for everything my beretta xplor sits in the cabinet The no3 magnum fantastic gun for the price 3inch Steel through it no problem Plenty of duck,crows,pigeons can attest to it You won’t be disappointed 

28 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

If you can’t get a Super Solway Then But a aya no3 magnum I bought one with the same intentions of using it as a novelty fast forward a few years I use it for everything my beretta xplor sits in the cabinet The no3 magnum fantastic gun for the price 3inch Steel through it no problem Plenty of duck,crows,pigeons can attest to it You won’t be disappointed 

Thats plan B bud! You can get them pretty cheap these days. Boxlock non ejectors don’t seem to be very trendy. Thought it might be worth putting the feelers out though.

Appreciate the reply and hope you’re season is going as good as can be hoped!

1 hour ago, Gerry78 said:

What choke is yours?

I have one lined up has been opened up I think to 1/4 and 1/2. 

Just waiting to be allowed to travel to buy it. 

1 hour ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Thats plan B bud! You can get them pretty cheap these days. Boxlock non ejectors don’t seem to be very trendy. Thought it might be worth putting the feelers out though.

You’ll not go wrong with the solway or Aya no3 magnum fantastic guns and the prices are very good for a good 2nd hand model 

29 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

What choke is yours?

I have one lined up has been opened up I think to 1/4 and 1/2. 

Just waiting to be allowed to travel to buy it. 

Barrels choked at 1/4 1/2 safe enough for 3inch standard steel 👍

1 hour ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Unfortunately here in N Ireland the season hasn’t really happened with this dreadful virus but hopefully get one last Saturday out for duck if the restrictions get lowered 👍👍

8 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

You’ll not go wrong with the solway or Aya no3 magnum fantastic guns and the prices are very good for a good 2nd hand model 

Barrels choked at 1/4 1/2 safe enough for 3inch standard steel 👍

Can I ask what 3" standard steel there is?

I know Game Bore Super Steel 32g 4's or smaller shot is classed as standard steel, but 32g 3's count as HP steel. 

Gamebore Mammath 3" carts (36g 4's, 3's or 1's) are all HP steel I believe? 

14 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

I’ve used gamebore ,hull and the odd box of Eley 32inch no4s I’ve also put plenty of 3 inch gamebore through the gun with no effects on  the barrel wall These guns mentioned are very well built you should have no problems 

I had plans to use Gamebore 36g mammoth, don’t expect any issues. 

Think I’ve got some Hull 3” as well. 

Was just wondering if those were the ones you meant 👍🏻

Cheers guys. The number 3’s are certainly plentiful so that’s a good option. Probably don’t need a flagpole 32” barrels but just thought it would be something different. Doesn’t seem to be as many of the solways made. Suppose a 29/30” barrel is probably a bit more versatile rough shooting and in the pigeon hide

6 hours ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Cheers guys. The number 3’s are certainly plentiful so that’s a good option. Probably don’t need a flagpole 32” barrels but just thought it would be something different. Doesn’t seem to be as many of the solways made. Suppose a 29/30” barrel is probably a bit more versatile rough shooting and in the pigeon hide

They do the no3 in 28,29and 30 inch barrels and the solway is the longest at 32 inch

This may seem a daft question but how do you tell the difference between a No3 Magnum and a Super Solway?   I ask as I have what I thought was a No 3 mag but on looking on the web at images of Super Solways they all have sling studs fitted and my gun also has these so I am questioning my belief that it is a No 3!

9 minutes ago, flippermaj said:

This may seem a daft question but how do you tell the difference between a No3 Magnum and a Super Solway?   I ask as I have what I thought was a No 3 mag but on looking on the web at images of Super Solways they all have sling studs fitted and my gun also has these so I am questioning my belief that it is a No 3!

32” barrels with super solway stamped on the top of the barrels. They’re essentially the same though!