Great article on China

oscarsdad

I don’t normally read the sun but this came up on apple news this morning and IDS is quite right. 

China cannot be allowed to become the largest economic and military superpower in the world, the rest of the world needs to stand up to them and stop being frightened of upsetting them - I agree with IDS. But therein lies the problem, the world has become so dependent on cheap Chinese manufacturing (which isn’t really cheap, costs are artificially depressed by the commie government) - e.g British manufacturers source parts from China because no one else can compete. Sanctions against China will not only hurt their economy, but western manufacturers as well. 

I hope the independence Brexit affords us means the Government can support manufacturing to an extent which allows sanctions to be imposed on China but I can’t see how...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13765151/despicable-china-covered-up-covid-to-save-1trillion-deal/

Edited by oscarsdad

Hello, good post, the Chinese government have been subsidising manufacturing for years, a company I know are in the Silicon industry,  and China sell the same product for rock bottom prices just to keep factories working which has now out priced the UK company that from 50 employees it's now around 10 and share price has fallen to an all time low, 

Everyone of us can play a part, next time we buy a product on EBay check where it’s coming from but you will have to pay a few more £££ by buying  🇬🇧 

I needed 4 plastic fastener last week phoned up my local garage £3.10 each had a look on EBay £2.85 for 50 ( from China)  where do you think I purchased the fasteners from ?

Edited by blackbird

18 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Everyone of us can play a part, next time we buy a product on EBay check where it’s coming from but you will have to pay a few more £££ by buying  🇬🇧 

I needed 4 plastic fastener last week phoned up my local garage £3.10 each had a look on EBay £2.85 for 50. where do you think I purchased the fasteners from ?

But where do you think your local garage bought their supplies from?

1 hour ago, Sprinter said:

But where do you think your local garage bought their supplies from?

I was being sarcastic, if you think I would give £12.40 for 4 to my local dealer where I can get 50 from the other side of the world delivered to my home for £2.85 it’s going to be China all day long.

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I was being sarcastic, if you think I would give £12.40 for 4 to my local dealer where I can get 50 from the other side of the world delivered to my home for £2.85 it’s going to be China all day long.

So what would you do with the remaining 46 plastic fasteners,,,, sell them to your local dealer? 😏

The thing is, most things are bought/paid for using our heads not our hearts 😉

We need to stop giving aid to China and use it at home.This pandemic has shown how reliant we are on China at the expense of our own workforce, and also fact that they can walk in and hoover up our companies(conspiracy theory was this what they wanted the West on ifs knees financially) The more we buy from China the more our dole queu will rise.

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

35 minutes ago, blackbird said:

If I put the remaining 46 in the bin I would still have £9.55 in my pocket, better in my pocket than the garages till 👍

Yeah, right 👏👏👏

55 minutes ago, armsid said:

We need to stop giving aid to China and use it at home.This pandemic has shown how reliant we are on China at the expense of our own workforce, and also fact that they can walk in and hoover up our companies(conspiracy theory was this what they wanted the West on ifs knees financially) The more we buy from China the more our dole queu will rise.

Aid ??? I think it’s called backhanders my dear man 🤭🤭🤭