finally finished

monster1971

Got to be honest, if someone had said they were going to do a Land Rover in orange / black, I would have thought they had gone mad. That said, it works and works really well. 

I think I lack the imagination to visualise how things will turn out. My youngest has an eye for colour schemes, which I do not possess.

All credit to the OP - a very nicely re-furbed job.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

You will certainly stand out from the crowd!   
Is it to promote the business logo on the side? Should work well.

as much as i would love to elaborate on your second comment, it is a new venture and we are still awaiting some essential certificates to arrive before we hit it hard , as i am not yet a trade member on here i will have to leave it at that until said certs arrive and we can apply for trade membership.

dont want to get in trouble😁

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Or Tangoed!:w00t:

5878bcd6-8fc9-4fc6-a50d-3281a9e016c4-620x372-01.jpeg

that is actually quite a good resemblance to me 😂😂

50 minutes ago, monster1971 said:

as much as i would love to elaborate on your second comment, it is a new venture and we are still awaiting some essential certificates to arrive before we hit it hard , as i am not yet a trade member on here i will have to leave it at that until said certs arrive and we can apply for trade membership.

dont want to get in trouble😁

Well, good luck with the venture.

Hiya monster looks really nice job mate I like that the colour looks good ,I am a bit of  a Land Rover man myself did you do the work all yourself or get someone to help or do it for you,just asking because I have a 90 that wants some work done on it and I am now unable to do it myself .

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Nice one. :good:

Mind you, Father did that. Then suddenly had to move the Humber to give room for a truck-full of Royal Marines. Unfortunately, the Hawk was right-hand drive. The Harrison bit survived, but sadly not the Gogswell half.

Mmm, I noticed that too, and thought he may do that once too often.

19 hours ago, Morkin said:

Hiya monster looks really nice job mate I like that the colour looks good ,I am a bit of  a Land Rover man myself did you do the work all yourself or get someone to help or do it for you,just asking because I have a 90 that wants some work done on it and I am now unable to do it myself .

done most myself apart from the spraying , not the first one i have done though

7 hours ago, wymberley said:

Nice one. :good:

Mind you, Father did that. Then suddenly had to move the Humber to give room for a truck-full of Royal Marines. Unfortunately, the Hawk was right-hand drive. The Harrison bit survived, but sadly not the Gogswell half.

am i missing something , i dont understand a word of it

30 minutes ago, monster1971 said:

done most myself apart from the spraying , not the first one i have done though

am i missing something , i dont understand a word of it

:lol:

I could tell you a story about that car, the lane where father had stopped and my sister, but you probably won't understand that either. I reckon that one of us is too old or the other too young.

A couple of clues: The Humber was a well known make of motor car and the Hawk a particular model. Cogswell and Harrison made shotguns and the Avant Tout was a model at the the top of their range. You would not have seen the shotgun if you approached the driver's door to get in in a bit of a hurry to move the car.

I hope that helps.

5 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I could tell you a story about that car, the lane where father had stopped and my sister, but you probably won't understand that either. I reckon that one of us is too old or the other too young.

A couple of clues: The Humber was a well known make of motor car and the Hawk a particular model. Cogswell and Harrison made shotguns and the Avant Tout was a model at the the top of their range. You would not have seen the shotgun if you approached the driver's door to get in in a bit of a hurry to move the car.

I hope that helps.

😂😂 oh i see

i am being thick 

still dont get the father and sister bit {hopefully means i am too young}

not normal practice for me but no need to move quickly and the photo was part of a batch set up for promotional reasons and there is another vehicle set up the same way in the other photos facing mine.

catch the point though i have seen a couple of guns squished that way 

I have to confess when I was about 18 I was waiting for bolting rabbits in a field being combined. The farmer driving the combine jumped off and on to a tractor to move it alongside the combine to offload. As he manoeuvred his brother appeared driving the other tractor with an empty trailer. He could not squeeze past between the gatepost and the combine, so shouted to me to move the combine. I unloaded and placed the SxS on the ground and promptly reversed the combine driving wheel over it.....fortunately the ground was fairly soft and the wheel went directly over the standing breech and pressed it into the earth. I was very lucky anyway but if I had driven over barrels or stock it would certainly have ended in tears.