Velux

ShootingEgg

19 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Having an extention built at the moment, and am looking at where best to buy the velux windows. I need two 114*118cm and one as small as they do. 

Anyone had to do this recently or know of anywhere that do good prices? 

Can't help on where as mine have been in some time and came through builder - but I have the triple glazed ones been very pleased with them.  In my bathroom, it can be hot inside and doesn't melt the frost on the outside.  If it gets direct sun, have some blinds (they make them that exactly fit) as they heat in summer can be very great.

Cant help you on the price but..... The stuff is very very good. Everything works so well. I have 8 two in the bedroom roof and 6 all abutting each other, in the lounge roof, to make a glass solar chimney to one side of the house. The top three are electric (4m up) and the bottom three manual. The electric ones have the added bonus of rain protection so you can leave them open when you go out and if it rains they close. They all have blinds too, again not cheap at £110 each but again the stuff just works so well. Worth every penny. 

I used a company called Stirlingbuild a few years back. Were really great, I bought the wrong size so they sorted that.
Then the rechargeable batteries didn’t charge in the blinds (we have two) after a couple of years. I called about buying new batteries and they said it’s probably the solar panel, so they just sent two new blinds. 
Also, it’s wasn’t detailed in their manual, it’s possible to link all remote control devices through the touch panel which is a nice feature. 

I worked for Velux for a couple of years, going back a while now though.

The product quality is absolutely the very best in the industry.  Had the pleasure of visiting many of the production facilities and from top to bottom everything about the product and how they are made is first class.

Also a family owned business who look after their staff well.

Doesn’t answer your question, but talk to builders merchants and I don’t expect there will be much of a variation between them.

8 hours ago, grrclark said:

The product quality is absolutely the very best in the industry.

^^^^ As above, the quality of Velux windows is way better than the others. The costs speak for themselves,,,, you pay for quality 👍😉

10 hours ago, JKD said:

^^^^ As above, the quality of Velux windows is way better than the others. The costs speak for themselves,,,, you pay for quality 👍😉

Well after using the spec and pricing on the Velux windows i found them with local building supplier for £250 less per window, so 2x 114*118 and one 45*75 bought. Inc the flashing kits. 

19 hours ago, grrclark said:

The product quality is absolutely the very best in the industry.  

Perhaps in your day not now in my opinion and I fit both on a regular basis.... 

1 example ,,,the electric kit on the velux,,, if your unfortunate enough to have the plastic connecting rod which attaches to the opening sash break ,,,guess what customers services will tell you,,,

Oh no we do  not supply just that part it's a whole new electric system.....solution buy the cheapest velux you can find and rob the part from there it actually saves you money!!

59 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Well after using the spec and pricing on the Velux windows i found them with local building supplier for £250 less per window, so 2x 114*118 and one 45*75 bought. Inc the flashing kits. 

Can't make out if you actually bought the Velux windows by that description, sorry,,,, but if yes, that's an absolute bargain 👍