Air arms or daystate

mk 38

I have the S400 AA , was a single shot but too fiddley  getting the pellet into the breach, so invested in the magnetic mounted magazine, 8 shots, sadly manually operated but it knocks down anything I shoot at, I think the Air Arms are very well engineered and stand up to plenty of field work, mine is the .177, long flat trajectory, sub 12 but plenty of punch, great for rats, rabbits, pigeons and crows, but especially good for ferals around the farm buildings as its very quiet in use,  

It really is down to what tickles your fancy, they will both do the job if you do and both equally as reliable.  I have a Mk2 AA S200 which I have put a fair few pellets through since acquiring it second hand and it still shoots like new. Had to replace the rubber retaining ring in the magazines once but now treat them with a,little graphite grease and no wear at all since then.

On 20/01/2021 at 08:07, WalkedUp said:

I have a 20 year old AA S410. It has had one service in its life and can put pellets through the same hole at 25 yards. I have never had an issue with it and use a stirrup pump. I can’t comment upon the Daystate as I have never needed to use another PCP. 

Nearly every pcp will put pellets through the same hole at 25 yards 

still very accurate guns even at distance 

Pick the one that you like the most or whichever you can get the best deal on.

Both are same same, like Browning or Beretta, Ford or Vauxhall.

I've had AA s410, didn't keep it long, months iirc. Bought a Daystate Huntsman Classic, stunning walnut and fits like it's made to measure. Sold to my nephew as he loved it when he shot it. I had the Huntsman for around five years, never let me down. 

The Daystate Redwolf gets great reviews.

My Daystate Redwolf is a superb rifle, it had a typical air leak as Daystates qc is carp, since then its been faultless.

The S510 iv got has been spot on from the off, is the Redwolf worth double the money ? Nope..

Would i buy another Daystate ? Yes...

A Huntsman will be on my shopping list soon, along with another S510, but in FAC this time.

I will choose which one on the day, after handling both.

I've had a new leaky air arms, a superb air arms, leaky HW100, that when sorted, was a great rifle, a beyond ghastly FAC Rapid MkII. I have  now, an Airwolf 40ftlb FAC which is the most absurdly brilliant machine. not missed a beat in 7 years and an Air Ranger in .177 again, faultless, that will ping drawing pins at 40yards for well over 200 shots before a refill. They all have their different qualities. Some are lighter with a low shot count, others a high shot count, some with the most gorgeous walnut, others bland lacquered and stained Beech. 

All I can offer to the conversation is, buy something you enjoy owning and have fun with. All the top makes, Air Arms, Weihrauch, Daystate are superbly machined rifles. There will always be someone who puts down a make for whatever personal reason they might have. I would buy any one of these rifles again, but for me at the moment, the Daystates have proven to be the class of the field over the others by a huge margin.

Edited by turbo33