Essex masters 2021

bostonmick

I really hope it goes ahead! I missed it last year. The timing I believe is critical for participation. It marks the start of the competitive clay season to a lot of shooters and I think putting it later in the year would clash with a fair few of the major events and cause a drop in entries. Just my thoughts. 

My own take is that this curŕent lockdown will run until towards the end of march then we will return to a tier system of sorts.as people come from all over the country I cant see it happening also a lot of people from Europe and with travel restrictions I cant see them coming.as for clashing with other comps well if Essex got in first then the others would have to fit in with it.also as the Essex runs for a full week it gives ample chance for the top shooters to do the other comps anyway the same week.

I am booked in to shoot it on 14th April, to be honest I doubt that restrictions will be sufficiently relaxed by then to enable it to go ahead.

A good few people will have had the jab by then, but only the first dose, I would expect the advice at that time for all will be to continue to abide by all of the current guidance.?

I hope I'm proved wrong.

Cat. 😎

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

As Will said, gives us a chance to catch up.

But I can’t see it happening this year.

They cancelled at last minute last year, I fear they will do the same this year.

Maybe next year because as others have said, moving it will clash with others 😕

:shaun:

Except all the others would be cancelled too.

Cut and pasted

Essex Gun Masters Update
We hope that you are all getting through these difficult times.
All our efforts are still focused on holding the “Masters” from Saturday 10th April to Sunday 18th April.
However, if the Govt. guidelines and lockdowns are not lifted in time, we will be postponing the event until 21st August 2021 to 29th August 2021.
All competitors will be contacted by John Dyson at the beginning of March when a decision will have to be made.
Hopefully all competitors will be able to carry their entries forward to the new dates.
The safety of all our staff and competitors is of paramount importance to us. We hope to see you all in April or if not, in August.
Keep safe from all at Essex Gun and Hepworth Hall Shooting Ground.
01842 810121 or 07376 892615

Further update cut and pasted from FB

Hi All.
A decision has now been reached to postpone the “Essex Gun Masters” to the dates formerly mentioned :-
21st August 2021 to 29th August 2021.
Please call John on 01842 810121 or 07376 892615 to re-arrange your entries.
May we thank you for your loyalty and patience with this regard but the health and safety of our staff and competitors is our priority.
We look forward to seeing you in August.