NEXT DOORS PUPPY

DUNKS

Oh dear. Just seen next door neighbour with a puppy in her arms. Not had a chance to talk yet. They are good neighbours but not sociable. Never usually see them BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS AT WORK FULL TIME!. Dog is obviously a plaything while they are both at home during lockdown. But what will happen when they are both back at work? They are not folk who walk at all ,nearest shops are 250 yards away "and they go in a car "  perhaps they are just looking after the pup for a friend Eh., Some hope.

Edited by DUNKS

A neighbour we had 20 years ag had lurchers and Jacks. He just would not believe that the jack did that awful high pitched keening all day when he was out. They used to stop as soon as his car came into the road or they heard his footsteps. We suffered for ages.

It's Lockdown Puppy syndrome. 10s of thousands of puppies are being bought by people who want a "pastime" as they can't go to work, but in too many cases have no idea what it entails or what their responsibilities are.

The rescue centres are going to be overflowing with neglected young dogs and the councils will be flooded with nuisance complaints about barking and distressed dogs.

Had to laugh at the new RSPCA advert that is all "We're in an animal welfare crisis because of Covid" yet Dogs Trust said they currently have the lowest numbers ever presumably for the reasons listed above that lots of people got dogs. If the RSPCA had said "We might be facing a crisis in the near future" and then explained why I might not have choked on my tea

Yes these homes for dogs in my area won't let you have a dog if you are a shooting person ,I always remember years ago trying to get a ratting terrier when we used to run a little ratting group and they just would not let you have one ,And then asking on local radio and papers for money to feed them and if not they would have to be put down

you are taking quite a risk re-homing one of these 'purely-for-profit', bred without any regard for congenital disorders, young dogs when they come flooding in to be re-homed when folk get back to work. Could be your best ever working dog and could be an absolute disaster which, if it is the only dog you can afford, would not be good.

Personally I am waiting until such time as mine and the mrs' work patterns can fit in with a new dog and then I will go to a reputable breeder or someone I know who is breeding good working dogs for the right reasons.

Unless your willing and able to move a dog on if it’s no good I don’t see why people would take a risk on a re-homed dog.

The foundations and early experiences can be so important. 

You hear about people who re-homed a Gundog and claim it never required any training and was the most amazing dog they ever did have, but I reckon if someone who really knew what they were doing looked at it, it would be lucky to be average at best. 

i feel for you  fighting cancer and for 12 years after  the ****su barked all day   high pitched   brothers house was a refuge while going through chemo despite pleading with them  shut him up           olly likes to bark and they shouted over him      delivery /guests/coming or going  doorbell   mouse **** at dawn     and when they went out until come back still goin ape ****    there's a good boy until  encouragement every time         last year it died          normality resumed             my dogs are kenneled  for the last 35yrs  if they bark once im out and neighbours out whats wrong          but that little ****** drove me to distraction       mrs said ignore    one week off on holidays for her a row erupted         they just went out when her car was gone        same **** for me     nowadays all quiet thank god 

3 minutes ago, Saltings said:

i feel for you  fighting cancer and for 12 years after  the ****su barked all day   high pitched   brothers house was a refuge while going through chemo despite pleading with them  shut him up           olly likes to bark and they shouted over him      delivery /guests/coming or going  doorbell   mouse **** at dawn     and when they went out until come back still goin ape ****    there's a good boy until  encouragement every time         last year it died          normality resumed             my dogs are kenneled  for the last 35yrs  if they bark once im out and neighbours out whats wrong          but that little ****** drove me to distraction       mrs said ignore    one week off on holidays for her a row erupted         they just went out when her car was gone        same **** for me     nowadays all quiet thank god 

Who’s dog was it barking? 🤔

The neighbours? 

12 years of non-stop barking daily? I couldn’t have done it. 

One of our neighbours bought chickens and a rooster that made a racked at 5am every day waking up our mutual neighbour. A proper gentle Man, old school army and school teacher for the troubled kid’s. 

On the third day of being woken up the cockerel disappeared. 

He wasn’t woken up on the 4th day. 

He commented to me many many years later, after the neighbour who owned the chickens had sadly passed away from cancer, “You know ... he never did ask me what happened to that cockerel ... “ 

🤣🤣🤣

terraced houses immediate next door  it was their baby      and if it was a baby they would tend to it     offered advice   ignored   trained dogs from 6   as farmers son with grandfathers help   i left home to rest and they knew it and done nothing        now  can you pop round and fix      NO SHIELDING   find someone  else        but they charge so much     NO SHIELDING      when just about everyone and his dog and relatives have been coming and going all year  dont give a **** house parties          im staying away 

A bloke I work with for a puppy at the start of lockdown as we were all working from home. I called him a few weeks back to chat through some stuff and he goes “just got to let the doggie day care take the dog”. 
My reply was “but we’re working from home”

His reply was “yeah, but, you know.” 

Err, no I don’t know! Crazy!