Interesting hand loader

Interesting device! Obviously not for those with a need for large output. Seems from the replies in the comments, that it comes with 12 and 20gauge die sets and he's looking to do 410 soon. Cheap enough at £26, but then rises to £48 with the postage. Anyway, thought i'd pop it on for interest.

Edited by turbo33

2 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

this side of the pond mate, up for £175, tried a lower offer which was when I received the counter offer of £145, not going anywhere near that

Are other gauges fetching the same ? You might try and get a crimp starter and a cone shaped metal tune because thats all it is, or RTO..👍

1 minute ago, islandgun said:

Are other gauges fetching the same ? You might try and get a crimp starter and a cone shaped metal tune because thats all it is, or RTO..👍

Prices are all over the place, they do not seem to be fetching as much as the relatively scarce 10, I've emailed the maker of this product hoping they may make a 10 bore version :good:

Agreed Dunks. The Lee press is tremendous value for money, and does a great job. At around £20 for a calibre change of dies, its so versatile. Its just a shame that you can't get a 410 conversion set for it.  I'm just guessing that part of the reason, is that for the small ball powders like SP3, the seal from the charge bar may not be effective enough?

These look very interesting, as noted above they look like a much better quality version of others available on Ebay. My loading set-up is very primitive as it is so this would be an upgrade! Doesn't take up much space, quiet, looks ideal for small volumes of reloading. Seriously tempted to buy one for 20 bore

On 21/01/2021 at 23:05, Steve brownell said:

Looks good maybe for wildfowl/waterfowl but I don’t think he had enough shot in it as the crimp looked low lol 😂 

How are you doing Steve, all good I hope. Yes I agree, crimp is low. Needs the wad stack higher, packing out the wad side not the powder side as he did. 
 👍

Edited by turbo33

On 22/01/2021 at 16:32, 222mark said:

Just sold one mate. I liked the look of this and wondered if they did it in .410. I've emailed the guy but had no response,

12 hours ago, turbo33 said:

How are you doing Steve, all good I hope. Yes I agree, crimp is low. Needs the wad stack higher, packing out the wad side not the powder side as he did. 
 👍

On 22/01/2021 at 16:32, 222mark said:

Just sold one mate. I liked the look of this and wondered if they did it in .410. I've emailed the guy but had no response,

Starting up again Mark?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here it is! Just arrived today which makes it about 3 weeks delivery time. I seem to have a missing component (second bolt and c-clip that should go into that hole in the arm) but I think it'll function enough to try it out. Have emailed to see what the situation is with this.  I'll do a full review once I've played about with it but initial impressions:

Functionality - this should in theory prime/deprime, star crimp and re-size 20 bore cartridges

• Comes completely disassembled with no assembly instructions. Not too difficult to work out how to put together fortunately but you do need to identify which component does what, they're not marked at all. Top row are the three pieces for crimping, bottom row is a collar for the cartridge, resizer and a piece that seems to be used in an alternative way of 'Speed Sizing and Depriming' (instructions not too clear on this).
  • Instructions for use are a little vague and the picture quality isn't fantastic so I'd suggest working from their video instead 
  • Base is injection moulded plastic as is the rotating surface that the arm pushes onto. Everything else is metal aside from wooden handle. Metal components are pretty roughly finished but seem robust. There are two holes in base to fix to a bench but three wood screws included... 🤔
  • You store some components (decapping pin and re-capping support) by screwing into the base when not in use
  • You would need to run batches i.e de-prime everything, re-prime and then set up for crimping by removing the pin and support from the central position on the base.

SvarogLoader20G.JPG