Corded phone

30-6

I need to change a corded landline. There is no mains plug where it is to go. One with no answer phone is £30 ,one with is £33. So for the sake of £3 I was thinking of getting the answer phone one, just in case I ever move phone at a later date. So with no mains plug available, will the phone ,caller display etc work OK ? I assume all will be OK, just the answer phone bit won't work, which I don't mind.

Edit to add. There is a telephone socket where it is to go.

Why do you need a corded telephone, will a mobile not do?

My MIL has just moved into a retirement flat complex with only broadband connection, as she has no need for a computer, we decided that a standard

telephone with corded handset but with sim card was the best option. No landline to pay for, just a cheap mobile sim, approx £10 pm with free minutes etc,

13 hours ago, 30-6 said:

I need to change a corded landline. There is no mains plug where it is to go. One with no answer phone is £30 ,one with is £33. So for the sake of £3 I was thinking of getting the answer phone one, just in case I ever move phone at a later date. So with no mains plug available, will the phone ,caller display etc work OK ? I assume all will be OK, just the answer phone bit won't work, which I don't mind.

Edit to add. There is a telephone socket where it is to go.

Just extend your phone line to the nearest socket. Most answer phone have battery back up. 

ae235.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

We moved to Fibre to the Premises last year so gave up our traditional landline (no point in paying so much just for phone). I was happy just to use the mobiles, however, the wife still wanted a ‘landline’ so ported the number to an IP phone provider and it now runs over t’internet. Only problem is if you lose power you lose the phone as well but it automatically diverts to the mobile then.