Just eat card Fraud

Dougy

Just browsing through my bank accounts and noticed that "Just eat" had taken £21.60 out of my pocket money account.

I had used this company by mistake thinking it was a local takeaway back in November 20 while when we returned after a hard cold wet day picking up. The meal arrived and probably 1/2 went in the bin, it was rank, so to see another transaction taken out i was rather shocked. No log in details tothis company had been held, no registering of on line payment kept, so the only way this transaction could have been taken would be by someone keeping my account details.  

Card frozen, fraud department notified and card cancelled. 

Keep an eye on your account folks 

Your card could have cloned anywhere or your card details obtained anywhere, one of the scanners favourite ways of testing if the details are good is to use just eat as a test, they will order and if it works will then know the card is good, luckily you have stopped the card in time.

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

Your card could have cloned anywhere or your card details obtained anywhere, one of the scanners favourite ways of testing if the details are good is to use just eat as a test, they will order and if it works will then know the card is good, luckily you have stopped the card in time.

Yes they hit you for a couple of small amounts them if they go threw empty your account , my wife got a call from the bank fraud team at 9.15 pm  they nearly got 13K out her account now she checks accounts daily 

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

Probably the above @Dougy they use a variety of different things, day pass for a bus, mobile top up, then if that goes through, they order the big ticket items. You have done the right thing.

I thought i was pretty savvy with the fraud thing, separate bank account for on line card payments keeping minimal amount in and just top up before purchases. 

Last year i had a delivery from Nextdirectory it was a pair of black Nike ??? the name on the address was certainly not English, it was returned to sender, Unfortunately that was the start of umpteen transactions over an 18 hour period when £1400.00 was taken out of an account. As you say these small things open up the gates, as they had my account details and my address. 

Sad thing is they hardly ever get caught and it costs the banks millions. 

Both instances i have had full refunds. 

7 hours ago, Dougy said:

I thought i was pretty savvy with the fraud thing, separate bank account for on line card payments keeping minimal amount in and just top up before purchases. 

Last year i had a delivery from Nextdirectory it was a pair of black Nike  the name on the address was certainly not English, it was returned to sender, Unfortunately that was the start of umpteen transactions over an 18 hour period when £1400.00 was taken out of an account. As you say these small things open up the gates, as they had my account details and my address. 

Sad thing is they hardly ever get caught and it costs the banks millions. 

Both instances i have had full refunds. 

Lad at work had £600 taken in £20 steps 

I don't think Just Eat host their own payment portal so wouldn't have access to your details anyway Dougy - as others have said likely a fishing expedition from a clone elsewhere

We had a running battle last year with company barclaycards being frauded, one had a payment on it before it was even delivered to us so the conclusion was a bent operator at Barclaycard skimming details