Glastonbury canceled

blackbird

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just read that there is £32,000,000 turnover from the festival and the farmer who owns the land and runs it gives all the profits away to charity. 

That’s a serious amount of money that won’t be changing hands. 

Total b.......

Yes it's certainly a serious amount of money. I like the security when i turn up to go shooting. 

5 hours ago, blackbird said:

Not that I would dream of going but I can't see many gamefairs happening this year, I had plans on going to Ragley Hall as I went years ago & it was a great day out.

I know all the early bigger shows are already cancelled around this way like the Suffolk Show and the Norfolk Show , sad state of affairs ( excuse the pun ) last year for many , many years was the first year we didn't go to at least one game fair and this year is looking just as bleak if not worse than last year .

45 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I know all the early bigger shows are already cancelled around this way like the Suffolk Show and the Norfolk Show , sad state of affairs ( excuse the pun ) last year for many , many years was the first year we didn't go to at least one game fair and this year is looking just as bleak if not worse than last year .

The game fair in Ragley Hall is not till late July cross fingers it will go ahead, saying that if it’s ******* down that weekend ️  they can stick their game fair 😂😂😂

Edited by blackbird

41 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The game fair in Ragley Hall is not till late July cross fingers it will go ahead, saying that if it’s ******* down that weekend ️  they can stick their game fair 😂😂😂

I recon a lot of stall holders will be waiting and see what happen this year rather than sending off large deposits and losing out , this currant lockdown is going to be in no hurry in lifting restrictions with talk that it could now go on till at least March , then we will revert back to the tier system , for how long ? will be any ones guess , who would have thought this time last year what the next twelve months would bring , and now not many people can predict what the next twelve months will bring :hmm:

It'll be autumn before everyone's had the vaccine, or at least everyone that wants it.

It won't be until this time next year that we'll see how effective it's been, so probably 2022 before live events are back to any degree.

Never been to Glastonbury but friends who go seem to enjoy it, some never go near the main stages, there's that many bands to see.

Despite the trendy lefty appearance it all seems a bit corporate, that and they never have anyone I'd want to see.

Ramblin man fair, a far better event imo.