Sky Rim The Elder Scrolls.

fatchap

Hello chaps. Does anyone know how I can down load Skyrim onto my computer without my virus killer going into meltdown? Played it on my sons PS4, and though I am no game freak its not bad. Especially as you can just wander around a massive world, and even get a bit of hunting in as well. Apart from the werewolf, your crossbow is totally inadequate on werewolfs.

There are loads of free downloads of this game but all of them trigger my Anti-virus.

Anyone help out here?

44 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Hello chaps. Does anyone know how I can down load Skyrim onto my computer without my virus killer going into meltdown? Played it on my sons PS4, and though I am no game freak its not bad. Especially as you can just wander around a massive world, and even get a bit of hunting in as well. Apart from the werewolf, your crossbow is totally inadequate on werewolfs.

There are loads of free downloads of this game but all of them trigger my Anti-virus.

Anyone help out here?

Most "free" downloads will be full of viruses. It's on Steam for £30. CEX have it for a tenner either click and collect or plus postage. There are also ways to stream it via xbox, PS4 etc, but I'd stick with installed locally TBH.

It's an awesome game. The soundtrack will stick with you, especially while you're wandering the snowy north

No idea as I use consoles but there are used Skyrim dvd on Amazon for a £2-3. I assume the installer would not enrage the antivirus.

Could you download the zip file, disconnect from the network, disable av and install it. But is it possible the free downloads are viral?

doh! Too slow again ^ what mr.demonic said.

Edited by SpringDon

Even though its a relatively old game, you will still need a pretty high end pc to get it to run properly. Plenty of sites on the interweb discussing the minimum/recommended system requirements.

Absolutely brilliant game. Played it for a long time on xbox, then switched to pc to enable modding. As Peter Henry said, all the elders scrolls games are good. 

Have fun

16 hours ago, adzyvilla said:

Even though its a relatively old game, you will still need a pretty high end pc to get it to run properly. Plenty of sites on the interweb discussing the minimum/recommended system requirements.

Absolutely brilliant game. Played it for a long time on xbox, then switched to pc to enable modding. As Peter Henry said, all the elders scrolls games are good. 

Have fun

Not in no way an expert in pooters but mine when I bought it was listed as a gaming PC and I beleive its fitted with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 graphics card with a 3D up scaling graphics accelerator whatever that is. 2TB of memory quad core. Makes no sense to me but my son reckons its pretty powerful. It run CAD software for my knife making with no problems and you can be on the internet at the same time watching video's.

Edited by fatchap

Managed to pair a controller as playing with the keyboard and mouse was not fun. You have to keep lifting the mouse to look and move 360 degrees. 

Its going to take some practice as so far in the last hour I have lost count the amount of times I have died and no clue who or what killed me.

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Any idea's on how you kill a giant? or just avoid them?

Use giants to level up using a bow. Climb up one of the stacks of rocks where the giant can't get you and pepper him with arrows, eventually he'll die and you will have levelled up the bow skills. I've gpne on to play Elder Scrolls Online, using the free option. Not as good as Skyrim but after 500 hours of playing I would say that 🙂