Is it possible

lampro

I went from a carpet fitter and a dislocated knee and problems (with that muscle that runs along the back of the leg and basically into your *** hole) into the gardening/tree surgery aspect of life. I know it's not a pest controller but being outside every day again is the ********. 👍

Dont sell your tools what ever you do, I did and only got a few hundred for them and now I need to redo upstairs and now I've got to hire them or buy cheap **** 

Good luck it's a brave move to risk moving but often worth it as every fitter I know has ****ed knees and backs

I would suggest that you have three possible routes, bearing in mind that the biggest demand/income in pest control is for insect and rat control, then moles, with squirrels only an occasional job. Getting the phone to ring is the hardest part of pest control. The bigger contracts tend to go to established companies who can show they have the experience and manpower.

1. Contact all existing pest control companies within say a 30 mile radius and try and get an employed job where they will also put you through the training required, with luck you might time it right and keep an income.

2. As your own full time business you are going to need deep pockets to get going as you need to cover loss of earnings, training costs, insurance, marketing and advertising. For how long until you have a reliable income is not predictable but most business plans usually allow for 3 years.

3. As a part time trial business where you keep going with your current income and spend some money on advertising in local publications as well as getting some flyers done and distributing these yourself to see how many times the phone actually rings. Some of the insurances that you get through shooting organisations will cover you for up to 5k income a year for pest control.

You might wonder why I have not mentioned the franchise route. Although franchises have worked for some in pest control they have not worked for the vast majority. When was the last time you saw an advert from one of these franchise peddlars to actually generate the customers they claim they will send your way?

Best of luck with what you decide to do.

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, do you need approval from the local authority , and certificates for chemicals and poison ?

Just to say I remember someone posting about  a TV programme on employees from a pest control company, a lady shooting rabbits ? could have been the AGF, what a farce!!!!!!!!, 

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

Just to say I remember someone posting about  a TV programme on employees from a pest control company, a lady shooting rabbits ? could have been the AGF, what a farce!!!!!!!!, 

Hello, if you go for it I can only wish you well lampro 👍

Cheers guys for all of your thoughts and help, strummer shame a dont live any closer to you as I would of come over and dropped the carpets in for a bacon butty and a brew, was thinking of keeping it on the side line visits in between my flooring jobs and build up customers slowly so to save on money, I have my pa1 pa6 licence from.past recession went working for a company so have a start there for herbicides and pesticide spraying and application. If inbetween you want a floor fitting let me know will do pw rates

Take a look at British Pest Control Association (BPCA) and their level 2 diploma. It covers what you need to know regards control of most vertebrates and insects. It's also the qualification that most if not all firms will want you to have before they even think about taking you on.

It's worth saving up for a doing (it cost me just over a grand but that was nearly 20 years ago). Once you've got it it's a big foot in the door. 

Local authorities are worth contacting, same work but without being pushed for sales.

Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you have any questions

20 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

I went from a carpet fitter and a dislocated knee and problems (with that muscle that runs along the back of the leg and basically into your *** hole) into the gardening/tree surgery aspect of life. I know it's not a pest controller but being outside every day again is the ********. 👍

Dont sell your tools what ever you do, I did and only got a few hundred for them and now I need to redo upstairs and now I've got to hire them or buy cheap **** 

Good luck it's a brave move to risk moving but often worth it as every fitter I know has ****** knees and backs

Slightly OT but the England cricketer, Zac Crawley’s dad, Terry, went from being a carpet fitter to being a very successful futures trader on the LIFFE floor back in the 90’s.  

14 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, if you go for it I can only wish you well lampro 👍

Yer a think the series was called “lady killers” about a couple women who had set up pest control company 

On 23/01/2021 at 23:47, strimmer_13 said:

Good luck it's a brave move to risk moving but often worth it as every fitter I know has ****** knees and backs

Knee and back and hands ******** already lol and have 20 years working if they ever stop moving the pension age hence why I want to have a crack at something different