12g O/U Camo

NorfolkAYA

i can only comment on the revo k200 duck blind . ive had mine for around five years or so , and since ive had it i havent used any of my other shotguns . i bought it as i wanted a shotgun that would take 3.5" carts for foxes , but , it just does everything perfectly . it certainly doesnt have the feel of a browning , but neither does it have the price tag . when this one finally falls apart (id expect to get a good few years out of it yet) , i wont hesitate to buy another one. 

i should add , that im not a tackle tart , i like tools that get the job done , lots of people see things differently , and prefer something with a name :good:.

1 hour ago, NorfolkAYA said:

hi all, 

My step dad is looking for the above for pigeons and ducks. He doesn't want an auto.

Anyone recommend a decent one? His budget is up to £750. New or secondhand.

Pete 

Why bother?  
Literally millions of pigeon and duck have met their end because they did not notice normal blacked barrels.

Not a very constructive reply that

Why bother?

Why do people buy synthetic semis or camo semis? 

Why do people buy black actions over silver actions?

Why buy a browning over a beretta?

Why have a blue car instead of red car?

All comes down to personal preference, if he wants one he can buy one.

Yes but it was pretty much a 2 pence worth comment. 

It had nothing to do with the original question asked. I know plenty of people also that rough shoot with the traditional style gun which himself has done. 

He now wants a composite camo O/U which he isn't worried about getting filthy or knocked. 

16 minutes ago, NorfolkAYA said:

Yes but it was pretty much a 2 pence worth comment. 

It had nothing to do with the original question asked. I know plenty of people also that rough shoot with the traditional style gun which himself has done. 

He now wants a composite camo O/U which he isn't worried about getting filthy or knocked. 

I didn’t want to offend you either but my 2 friends I hunt with 1 bought a Lincoln O/U AND the 2nd friend bought a Winchester pump within a season the camo was pilling of around the tips of the barrels and fore ends both guns Just there experience My view is I don’t see the point of camo guns Especially for ducks as most of the duck shooting is either early morning (dark) or evening (Dark) 

2 minutes ago, NorfolkAYA said:

Why would I think that it would make a difference? He wants a camo synthetic O/U. Whats so hard to comprehend about that? 

Not hard to comprehend AT ALL !! You posted on a open shooting forum you will get replies some you like or don’t it’s only individual advice RIGHT OR WRONG  if your father in law wants camo gun then he should buy one Good luck to him 

As I said NorfolkAYA if your father in law wants one he should buy it I was only telling you about my friends experience Hopefully he gets the gun he wants 👍👍👍

Me personally I don’t like camo guns I don’t like camo clothes either but I’m old fashioned lol 😃😃

I'm with the OP, he wasn't asking for opinions or thoughts, he asked for a recommendation, didn't seem a difficult question to me.

Any how, there is camo Bettinsoli camo just gone on GT, for £550, no experience myself but I know a couple who have and they rated them, I also know of a shop that has got new ones on offer at £695, if any use drop me a PM and can give you the details

Cheers

Try this. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=DPM+camouflage+adherent+cohesive+bandage&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjfxpCEybXuAhVHTsAKHd1OA2UQ_AUoAnoECAMQAg&biw=320&bih=454#imgrc=Mgdpnn6bzovqiM

It is Self Adherent Cohesive Tape. It only sticks to itself, is removable without damaging surface finishes and paint, reusable, stretches so it conforms to shapes and adds a bit of protection to where it is applied.

You can get almost any colour and camouflage pattern. I have used it on lots of my rifles and shotguns.

Edited by SPAS 15

35 minutes ago, button said:

That's right they did 425 wildfowl, a wood and a camo version, pretty sure Old Farrier has mentioned he has the wood version, in which case he may be able to give a valid opinion

Special Wildfowle 3..1/2 inch 

Very good gun a touch heavy for normal use but for the heavy loads you need it 

it’ll be the last gun I sell 

and never mind the rubbish about back bored barrels it’s one of the best killing guns I’ve ever had 

Edited by Old farrier

Most of my duck shooting is moving from pond to pond and sitting it out for an hour or two. A hide doesn't make any sense in this situation, so I wear a ghille suit and use a camo shotgun. I think a black or blue action would be fine, but there's no way I'm going to so sit there with a gun that has a silver action. I use a Browning Maxus, but that doesn't help the OP.