French law protecting the countryside

scobydog

3 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

No. English Law is firm. Moving to the nuisance does not protect the nuisance from being actionable. It's annoying but there it is. If you moved next to a motorway would you accept that your kids were going to possibly suffer from atmospheric pollution causing them asthma?

Wouldn't move next to a motorway enfieldspares,  if you chose to do so that is your look out as far as I'm concerned. 

If you dont like it dont mover there. Iv'e seen folk on the Isle of Harris FB page complaining about cattle and sheep when on holiday here. one person on tripadvisor gave 1 star for a local beauty spot because of the then rampant mixy ! and the fact there wasn't a cafe to get a cup of tea or cappochino  

47 minutes ago, crossy 666 said:

Not quite the same thing but Donington park race track is down the road from me and they have recently built a new housing estate behind it and now the new residence are complaining about the noise 🤦‍♂️

Yes, no doubt encouraged by the local authority who knew this would occur? The long game is more dosh from hundreds of houses when the offender has been closed down due to complaints that the council has a duty to investigate and act on. 

51 minutes ago, islandgun said:

If you dont like it dont mover there. Iv'e seen folk on the Isle of Harris FB page complaining about cattle and sheep when on holiday here. one person on tripadvisor gave 1 star for a local beauty spot because of the then rampant mixy ! and the fact there wasn't a cafe to get a cup of tea or cappochino  

😀 The in-laws holiday let gets some strange folk in now and again. 
Two days before ‘ the beast from the east ‘ and with substantial snow already on the ground, we were expecting the couple from Liverpool to be outdoor types. 
He turned up in a thin fleece type thing, trackie bottoms and trainers, at least his wife had a coat. Day three after the storm hit OH’s mother was having to supply them with food, and he couldn’t believe the police wouldn’t come to dig them out! 
Another couple who wanted somewhere rural, left after a couple of days as they didn’t expect it to be THAT rural! Just what they were expecting they never said. 🙂

Another left a comment on trip advisor that their dog had escaped through a hole in the fence, but failed to mention it was a hole their dog had created, and that I had to repair. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Scully

24 minutes ago, Scully said:

Two days before ‘ the beast from the east ‘ and with substantial snow already on the ground, we were expecting the couple from Liverpool to be outdoor types. 
He turned up in a thin fleece type thing, trackie bottoms and trainers, at least his wife had a coat. Day three after the storm hit OH’s mother was having to supply them with food, and he couldn’t believe the police wouldn’t come to dig them out! 
Another couple who wanted somewhere rural, left after a couple of days as they didn’t expect it to be THAT rural! Just what they were expecting they never said. 🙂

Another left a comment on trip advisor that their dog had escaped through a hole in the fence, but failed to mention it was a hole their dog had created, and that I had to repair. 🤷‍♂️

Brilliant, where is the holiday let? Because if it really is that rural it’s right up our street.

This sort of law sounds fine in principle but I do wonder how it would work in practice.

I'm a country boy and happy with noises and smells of what I think the country should be like. I actually get disappointed when the sheep aren't in the fields surrounding our house and although a tad worrying I was quite amused by the cows, calves and entire bull that escaped and spend a few weeks in our woodland.

However, I'm happy to admit I wouldn't be that impressed if an industrial farm set up right next to me with 24/7 floodlights and a huge slurry pit. Equally I wouldn't site our bee hives right on the edge of our property and expect neighbouring holiday homes to put up with some grumpy bees.

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

When we were on tripadvisor we had a person give us 1 star because we weren't open !. I'm not keen on tripadvisor and eventually managed to get us off, not easy

10 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

Brilliant, where is the holiday let? Because if it really is that rural it’s right up our street.

Cumbria. It’s not that bad really. We have a pub, there is another pub with village shop and bakery 1.5 miles away, within an easy walk there and back, and another village with two garages, a train station, an air ambulance base, a village shop PO and another pub 4.2 miles away. I’ve walked to that one also on a few occasions. 

30 minutes ago, islandgun said:

When we were on tripadvisor we had a person give us 1 star because we weren't open !. I'm not keen on tripadvisor and eventually managed to get us off, not easy

😂 Trip advisor isn’t something I’ve been on a lot, but that reminds me of the woman who arrived at the LET a week early! She’d totally messed up her dates and couldn’t make the following week as she was back at work! She then left a 1 star on trip advisor. Like your guests she hadn’t even been! 😂

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

😂 Trip advisor isn’t something I’ve been on a lot, but that reminds me of the woman who arrived at the LET a week early! She’d totally messed up her dates and couldn’t make the following week as she was back at work! She then left a 1 star on trip advisor. Like your guests she hadn’t even been! 😂

Not relevant to the UK but a small self catering “shed” for want of a better description we stayed in in Tobago (the price reflected what it was a we liked it) had some negative reviews based on the size of insects seen in the garden and also one complaint that coconuts fell on the roof and woke the guests in the night. I’ve also stayed on a campsite in Wales that had a negative review because the steps down to the beach were steep and it rained! 

9 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

Not relevant to the UK but a small self catering “shed” for want of a better description we stayed in in Tobago (the price reflected what it was a we liked it) had some negative reviews based on the size of insects seen in the garden and also one complaint that coconuts fell on the roof and woke the guests in the night. I’ve also stayed on a campsite in Wales that had a negative review because the steps down to the beach were steep and it rained! 

😀 A friend who owns a gallery was given a 1 Star on TA by someone who had never been , but based it on the reviews of other people on TA! 🤪
Edited to add, it is a good gallery, the comment and 1 star had been left due to other people commenting on its size, not it’s quality. 

Edited by Scully

5 hours ago, scobydog said:

The French have introduced a new law to protect the smells and noises of the countryside from 2nd home/holiday home owners. 

The view is that if you buy a house in the countryside you should put up with the country ways.

I think it's a great idea and should introduce it here too. 

What are your thoughts folks.

S

Bloody typical remoaner, we've left get over it!!!! 

😘

4 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

If you moved next to a motorway would you accept that your kids were going to possibly suffer from atmospheric pollution causing them asthma?

Well

A. Id not move there

B. Id not move there

Most people have a choice on where they move, so if people choose to move somewhere they can't then moan about the smell or the noise etc. Of course thats my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...