SGC Renewal

Buckster

30 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Hi, as anyone ever had any issues with renewing their SGC with their FEO after having heart by-pass surgery? 

Buckster

Our ex head game keeper had his first major heart bypass when he was 57 , at the time the valves they used were said to last around 10 years , having gone back to work after the first bypass the heart started to play up again when he was 67 and he then packed up work and had another bypass , this was well over 20 years ago and is still driving his car and getting out now he is in his 90s , up till a few years ago he was picking up and still had his s g c , he no longer shoot or pick up but is still very much active .

It's just that 5 years ago when my SGC was up for renewal the FEO made a bit of an issue about me having had a heart attack in 1996, at the time some SGC holders was just getting a phone call just to see if any thing had changed with the cabinet location or any other changes, he said he came out to see me to see if I was fit enough to go out shooting despite the fact I was working full time as a carpet fitter, and delivering the odd lot of furniture.

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

It's just that 5 years ago when my SGC was up for renewal the FEO made a bit of an issue about me having had a heart attack in 1996, at the time some SGC holders was just getting a phone call just to see if any thing had changed with the cabinet location or any other changes, he said he came out to see me to see if I was fit enough to go out shooting despite the fact I was working full time as a carpet fitter, and delivering the odd lot of furniture.

That would have been challenged because he is going off tangent with that sort of attitude.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That would have been challenged because he is going off tangent with that sort of attitude.

Thats what I thought at the time especially as a mates was up for renewal about the same time and he'd had a heart attack 18 months before and all he got was the phone call, there's one good thing it might not be the same FEO as last time, Ive never seen the same one twice in the last 20 years of renewal's.