Permissions

Kevster66

1 hour ago, Kevster66 said:

Hi all

This may have been asked before, but when in most peoples opinion is the best time to start looking for new permissions?

Would it be better to start now or wait until it nearer to spring/summer?

Cheers all

Stay Safe

Look now the game season is all but over , the main crop will o s r , if there are Pigeons in your area then find out what woods they are using and then try to follow them out in the mornings and with a bit of luck they will show you where there food supply is.

Find out whose land it is and then start knocking on the doors , you will get set backs , or you could strike lucky with the first door you knock on .

GOOD LUCK     MM

• 2 weeks later...

Came across a bunch of pigeons on a standing maize game cover. Not huge numbers but most I’ve seen since last year! I suppose there were about 40 and this was 10am so my guess is there’d be more in the afternoon. It’s not my ground; however, do you think I should ask for permission since it’s only a game cover? Or should I wait until the pigeons are actually hitting a combinable crop? Haven’t worked out who farms the ground yet but guessing there’s a syndicate.

10 hours ago, Pigeon addict said:

Came across a bunch of pigeons on a standing maize game cover. Not huge numbers but most I’ve seen since last year! I suppose there were about 40 and this was 10am so my guess is there’d be more in the afternoon. It’s not my ground; however, do you think I should ask for permission since it’s only a game cover? Or should I wait until the pigeons are actually hitting a combinable crop? Haven’t worked out who farms the ground yet but guessing there’s a syndicate.

..... ‘only a game cover’. There will be beaters and pickers up on that shoot who have been waiting for months for a chance to shoot pigeons there.