Gun cabinet security

13 hours ago, LeedsZeppelin said:

Some gun cabinets that are passed by the FEO could be 'opened' with a drill and some decent tin snips. But most burgers are not interested.

Your low level burgler, who is wanting to feed his crack habit, is after something quick to grab and easy to flog. Cash, jewellery, electric goods etc.

A 'professional' burgler will target things of high value. Car keys being a preference, but will take other things if opportunity arises. They know that firearms are not worth the hassle or extra time in prison if caught, so will leave them be. I've even heard accounts of gun cabinets being broken into but guns left behind by the burglers.

Those that actually want your guns will take them, no matter what. If you have bank vault they will tie up your wife and threaten to pour boiling water over her head unless you surrender access.

Easiest place to get a shotgun is at a shoot, owners are slack assuming everybody is there to shoot, at blackpool i found a gun on the roof of an astra van, with the range bag and shells against the wheel unattended, i took all my kit off, put it all away changed my shoes and  surveyed the area, no body in sight, i took it into the club house. Look at orston,Where ever we go you see racks of iron unattended while chatting eating and having a dump goes on. The bold can just pick one up and shoulder it while walking away. Why bother with the agro of a burglary.

On 27/01/2021 at 08:21, WalkedUp said:

One of my projects has a bank safe considerably bigger than @NoBodyImportant‘s and it is free to a good home. The contractor wants money for shifting it. You will need forklift etc to move it. Based in Stockport, near to Cheshire Gun Room. 

I did this exact thing 5 or 6 years ago, got a Tann TS4 from th old NatWest in Edwinstow. weighs 3.5t, has 8 inch thick walls and the door is 5inch of steel before the hard plate? 

Is it a free standing safe or a Room Door?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 31/01/2021 at 12:24, Rupert said:

Easiest place to get a shotgun is at a shoot, owners are slack assuming everybody is there to shoot, at blackpool i found a gun on the roof of an astra van, with the range bag and shells against the wheel unattended, i took all my kit off, put it all away changed my shoes and  surveyed the area, no body in sight, i took it into the club house. Look at orston,Where ever we go you see racks of iron unattended while chatting eating and having a dump goes on. The bold can just pick one up and shoulder it while walking away. Why bother with the agro of a burglary.

I did this exact thing 5 or 6 years ago, got a Tann TS4 from th old NatWest in Edwinstow. weighs 3.5t, has 8 inch thick walls and the door is 5inch of steel before the hard plate? 

Is it a free standing safe or a Room Door?

A free standing safe. But it’s too late now sadly, been scrapped this week.