Torch for lamping bunnies

Scully

Ground is far too sodden these days for driving on, and can’t use landowners Gator while this virus is about, understandably, so am going back to my early days and considering strapping a torch to my rimfire again. 
I don’t want a lamp, I’m looking for something light, slim and powerful, capable of throwing a good light out to about 100 yds ( more would be nice but am not too fussed ) which I can strap to my CZ. 
What do you use? Cheers

I use cheap Chinese CREE torches, run on 18650 batteries like a vape, they have flood and spot adjustment. Mine are good for a about 70yds, you can buy stronger ones than I have but I'm only using it on an air rifle so went for the weaker ones.

Theyre light, fit in clamps and mounts easily, cheap enough that it doesnt matter if they get lost or damaged, 18650 batteries are small, easy to carry and easy to recharge.

Theyre like £7 each.

Edited by Pangolin

https://opticfire.co.uk/collections/xs-hunting-torches/products/xs-38-torch

I have one of these mounted onto my CZ455 with a rat tail switch for taking shots, and another torch from the same company that I use hand held for scanning. Both in red LED. I also use a green laser for close range / bolting bunnies. 

I don’t believe in waving a loaded rifle about to scan fields, tires your arms and seems unsafe. 

Edited by WalkedUp

9 hours ago, zipdog said:

https://torchfactory.com/evo-75-torch

The best and cheapest torch i have found. Good out to 300 yards, even further for spotting foxes. Batteries last ages. If you fancy a different colour just buy a different led pill. 

Thanks  zipdog, is that a pencil beam? I don’t really want something which lights up half of Cumbria. 🙂

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, as above and the Night Sabre 👍

As said - the night sabre is amazing with the extra powerful LED - can't recall what that option is called.

75mm lens torches are so last years heavy bulky tools these days.

Edited by Dave-G

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

As said - the night sabre is amazing with the extra powerful LED - can't recall what that option is called.

75mm lens torches are so last years heavy bulky tools these days.

Hello, mine has the HPR but I think there is a better one available, I have added a 37mm camera 2 X magnification lens, at 100 yards i can see a rabbits whiskers 😁, with Hawke 4x12x50 SF,