Kubota or Kawasaki

webber

Got a 4010 on the golf course where I do pest control, very capable machine,  it really does go almost anywhere and is better in the deep mud than J D Gators,  2 of which it has outlived.  Can't comment on the Kubota as never been in 1, but the oldest tractor on site is a Kubota, so reliability is definitely there.

On 29/01/2021 at 22:13, webber said:

I've found a Kubota 900 RTV.

I'm going on Monday to trade the quad bike (too fast); and bring back the Kubota

Will need to fit a winch and a few lights.

Will also fit a camera for the towing hitch.

webber

Check the transmission on an incline if you can. If it feels like it's all revs and no go it's quite an expensive fix. Apart from that very little goes wrong with them.

12 hours ago, bornfree said:

Check the transmission on an incline if you can. If it feels like it's all revs and no go it's quite an expensive fix. Apart from that very little goes wrong with them.

Thanks for the advise.  I'm just about to set off to collect.

webber

21 hours ago, bornfree said:

Another tip is to make sure the rear driveshaft uj's have been greased. There is a grease fitting on both the inner and outer uj's. The outers get missed because they are well hidden.

Noted.

Have ordered service kit and new wiper kit for one side, plus wire restraints for tailgate.

Will get it onto a ramp when free.

Have modified rear tow ball for ease of towing clay traps

Will fit reversing camera, beacon, winch.

Fuel gauge isn't working, suspect a wire off as it doesn't move at all.

webber

On 01/02/2021 at 19:31, bornfree said:

You've got a good one. When the hydro wears they struggle on a 30° slope in 1st. And will only hit 15mph on the flat.

Do you know if the Mule 3010 would have the same problem? Our seems to do similar, although doesn't seem lacking in power as such but feels like it is stuck in "first". Occasionally if you lift off for a second and then accelerate again it will pick up and go up to 25mph

10 hours ago, kennett said:

Do you know if the Mule 3010 would have the same problem? Our seems to do similar, although doesn't seem lacking in power as such but feels like it is stuck in "first". Occasionally if you lift off for a second and then accelerate again it will pick up and go up to 25mph

I've never worked on Mule's. But if it works ok sometimes it's doesn't sound like it's a wear problem. Possibly a pressure issue.

• 2 weeks later...

All sorts of bits have now arrived:

High level air intake.

Wire ropes for tailgate.................fitted.

Service kit

Wiper motor and arm.

LED light bar

Reversing camera

I noticed that the fuel gauge wasn't working; I put a gallon of diesel in the tank, no change.

Removed the tank sender unit, not the easiest of jobs, but avoided dismantling half of the cab as suggested by one Youtube  clown.

Sender tests fine.  Signal wire bells out.  Need to try a separate  earth to the sender.

Decided that a wiring diagram would be handy, so now waiting for the cd to arrive.

webber

Decided that the fuel gauge is faulty.

Studied a couple of Youtube videos of how to fix the gauge.

I carefully boke into the gauge only to find that the innards were totally different and used micro processors; all mumbo jumbo to me.

Spent some time on ebygumbay and ordered what I hope will be a suitable replacement.

Measured up for brackets to mount the lighting on the roof and ordered a secondary fuse box to locate under the bonnet to enable easier wiring of various accessories.

webber

Spent today squeezing an auxillary battery into the void where the winch usually fits.

Also assembled the winch and compressor combination and sketched up dimensioned drawing for an adapter plate to fit the winch to the front.

Will commence drilling and tapping tomorrow.  Ordered a few M12 fine bolts from ebygumbay, couldn't believe the price.

webber

• 1 month later...