Bit of Shed Therapy.

fatchap

With returning energy levels and generally feeling more human every day I decided it was time to get back in the shed, Been trying to get a few projects done for weeks now, go to the shed with best intentions but usually only manage to get the door unlocked before I felt like passing out. 

Yesterday I felt like I had a "full charge" so cracked on with a knife. Still got about 6 projects to start/finish but at least its a start. I'd got a bit done on this before Covid gave me a kicking, Good chance to try out my new Milling machine to make the finger guard. While its obviously very accurate with the slot and flats its also very slow. I can make them out of brass with a file and an angle grinder much quicker. This one is Nickel Silver, which is fairly difficult to machine but the Mill did a good job. Good quality mosaic pins not the rubbish from evil bay where the smaller internal pins poke out of the opposite side when you grind them. Red fibre liners twinned with stainless liners makes it look a bit professional  even if I say say so myself😁

Mirror polished blade and some pritty scales. They have polished up a treat and there is all sorts of action going on there, silver flecks, red flecks. They really catch the light. Thats what I like about these Acrylic scales when they turn up they are just one colour but when you start working them all sorts starts happening.

Still some fettling to be done here and there. A good polish always shows up a bit of "nasty" here and there. Back in there today at some point but if I'm honest I got in the shed about 11am yesterday and by 4pm I was banjaxed...totally!!!

20210125_161723.jpg.72bb8742f36681be8fe54b1653dc300c.jpg20210125_163102.jpg.e7abdd77cfdb57894aeee3b76ca21540.jpg20210125_161750.jpg.e1276af8a6ef0e4efdbe696a094435db.jpg

4 minutes ago, Morkin said:

First things first glad your feeling a bit better to get in the shed ,And them knifes are amazing you have probably said before but what are the handles very professional mate well done . 

Cheers mate👍

The handle scales are an acrylic resin called Kyronite. These ones are called Neon blast on the website. Really easy to work as long as it dosn't get hot then its back on the website to order another block.