New watch for work needed

bluesj

looking at a new watch for work as the hands have fallen of my old one! (don't think it was recoil proof 😜)

With this in mind I was looking at possibly a G shock, I like the look of the mud masters if a bit on the big side. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the top of the range ones but I do like the big hands and numbers (eyes not what they where). Anyone got one, is it any good and was it worth the extra cost of the more ordinary G shocks? 

And does anyone know why all watches in adds are set for Sunday 30th June?

Edited by bluesj

10 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Timed expedition if you don’t want whistles and bells. Had mine for over ten years and spot on.

Had a Timex Expedition now for over 25yrs and it has only ever needed a new battery now and again. Never misses a beat. My wife also purchased one a few years ago and loves it.  Mine has spent time underwater working on the river and been banged and knocked around relentlesly. IF I ever have to replace it , then another Expedition without fail.

17 hours ago, wisdom said:

I have a G shock.Not the mudmaster though.Its a really tough watch keeps excellent time and has big hands.

As you can see its had a tough ish life but it's still working fine.

20210126_192615.jpg

Couldn't handle that, I'm not even sure where the hands are? Half ten or half 7?

16 hours ago, aga man said:

+1 for timex expedition, good reliable watch that luminates very well and the canvas strap can easily be removed and washed👍

I'm another with the expedition, I've also got a Lorrus Lumibrite, lovely and clear but not as good as the expedition in the middle of the night.

20210127_123116.jpg.4a643d61f706840e666293801ba34a1e.jpg

And they are cheap.

7 minutes ago, Dave66 said:

Thought I was looking at my own watch with the photo from Mice! And cheap enough if you damage or lose one. Which I have done.

16117512884321943950535.jpg

Another vote for the Lorus. I have one and had it for years, extremely accurate. Only time I have to alter anything is when there are less than 31 days in the month.

I paid around £25 I think in Argos around 5 years ago. A real bargain considering they are made by Seiko.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Couldn't handle that, I'm not even sure where the hands are? Half ten or half 7?

I'm another with the expedition, I've also got a Lorrus Lumibrite, lovely and clear but not as good as the expedition in the middle of the night.

20210127_123116.jpg.4a643d61f706840e666293801ba34a1e.jpg

And they are cheap.

It's just after 7.30 but I take your point.

Had many Lorus watches from the Rolex explorer looking ones and the lumibrite always with stainless strap. 

Last couple of work watches have been a Casio databank calculator watch for sites that do not allow calculators or phones. For all other sites a citizen watch, great value and never needs a battery.

The g shocks are just too big for me, I catch and break the crystals on watches or snap the straps catching the watch.

Edited by figgy
Typo on phone

3 minutes ago, figgy said:

Had many Lotus watches from the Rolex explorer looking ones and the lumibrite always with stainless strap. 

Last couple of work watches have been a Casio databank calculator watch for sites that do not allow calculators or phones. For all other sites a citizen watch, great value and never needs a battery.

The g shocks are just too big for me, I catch and break the crystals on watches or snap the straps catching the watch.

Made in Norfolk apparently!:lol: