New watch for work needed

bluesj

15 hours ago, figgy said:

Had many Lotus watches from the Rolex explorer looking ones and the lumibrite always with stainless strap. 

Last couple of work watches have been a Casio databank calculator watch for sites that do not allow calculators or phones. For all other sites a citizen watch, great value and never needs a battery.

The g shocks are just too big for me, I catch and break the crystals on watches or snap the straps catching the watch.

This might be a daft question with an obvious answer figgy  , but why don't some sites allow calculators ?. I sometimes work at schools,  and phones aren't allowed, but I'm confused why you can't use a calculator 👍

7 hours ago, mel b3 said:

This might be a daft question with an obvious answer figgy  , but why don't some sites allow calculators ?. I sometimes work at schools,  and phones aren't allowed, but I'm confused why you can't use a calculator 👍

No sources of ignition, so no lighters matches phones calculators or any electrical equipment unless, it's certified instrinsically safe and approved by the client for use on their site/plant. Usually petro chem or refineries and gas plants. Yet most allow wrist watches, hence my calculator watch. Some maths I have to work out are not worth getting wrong. I even check twice with calculator. Any steel near would be covered in chalk or marker pen. 

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, figgy said:

No sources of ignition, so no lighters matches phones calculators or any electrical equipment unless, it's certified instrinsically safe and approved by the client for use on their site/plant. Usually petro chem or refineries and gas plants. Yet most allow wrist watches, hence my calculator watch. Some maths I have to work out are not worth getting wrong. I even check twice with calculator. Any steel near would be covered in chalk or marker pen. 

That makes perfect sense figgy,  thank you very much . It's the type of thing that you'd never even think about ,but these precautions are probably in place because of a historical incident. 

48 minutes ago, Hicky said:

Citizen eco drive, which ever style you like.

I left mine in a draw for over a year and when retrieved it unsurprisingly had stopped. I left it on the windowstill for a day and hey presto back in business. I can’t fault it. 

Had a Citizen eco drive and it was a good watch and not expensive, but that as the one the hands fell off of  ☹️

On 26/01/2021 at 19:02, bluesj said:

looking at a new watch for work as the hands have fallen of my old one! (don't think it was recoil proof 😜)

With this in mind I was looking at possibly a G shock, I like the look of the mud masters if a bit on the big side. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the top of the range ones but I do like the big hands and numbers (eyes not what they where). Anyone got one, is it any good and was it worth the extra cost of the more ordinary G shocks? 

And does anyone know why all watches in adds are set for Sunday 30th June?

How much do you want to spend?

Nite make a range of watches that are robust to say the least. Nite are, IMO, some of the best watches that no one has ever heard of apart from us military types. The MX10 used to be issued, but sadly no longer. Mine has been hammered in many environments and simply refuses to give up.

CEF5D83C-4D94-4809-B7B5-95E740DAE637.jpeg

Edited by Taileron