Binoculars

Lucasnorth

Hi Chaps. 

so I’m after a pair of new binoculars, they will be for carrying around mainly used for spotting bunny’s an such like on my new permission, don’t need to be the best most expensive pair in the world. Have a pair of bushnells at the moment that iv used for pigeon spotting but think there about done now. Ideally nothing to big or heavy, not very up on binos but would like to keep my budget bellow or upto around the £300 mark. Any suggestions, 

thanks. 

lucas. 

You do not need to spend 300 for your use - these would do you well https://www.picstop.co.uk/general-purpose-binoculars/vanguard-veo-ed-carbon-composite-binoculars-8x42.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmL-ABhDFARIsAKywVacLGjprpbEtxIs3K7Z16FnNABOo72VNH6gkaQHDs-HV_sBw_l3U4rkaAifrEALw_wcB

I would recommend Vanguard for 2 reasons. 

They are within 20 minutes of effectiveness in light transmission as a Schmidt and Bender 8 x 56 scope yet cost 1/20th the money of Swaros so they are very reasonably priced for their performance

The rubber eye caps split on mine with the frost after 5 years, Vanguard sent me 2 new ones foc so their after sales care is excellent too.

Spending even less money for daytime use Barr and Stroud Saharas do the Mrs very well for her birdwatching but they are heavier than my Vanguards https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/barr-stroud-sahara-8-x-42-binoculars.html

Hi

I suggest looking into/out for a pair of pre-owned Minox HG, compact, argon purged, and Schott glass.

Most important above all else - try the pairs you narrow down to and let your eyes direct your decision - anything else will only be a compromise based on others eyes. Just saying again..........

L

I have a pair of Hawke Nature trek 8x42, but much prefer the Bushnell 8x42 Binos that I bought from a member on here for I think about £60.

As Loki above has said, if possible try out a few pairs that suit you and your eyes before purchasing. 

OB

The money i've wasted on binoculars over the years i could of bought a pair of Zeiss, Leica and Swarovskis.

I keep looking at swaro's el 8x32 but at £1395 thats a lot of money for something bought on a whim.

Think of all the gear you could buy for that sort of money. Coat, wellies, boots, trousers etc.

I am down to a pair of rspb 8x36 and they will do for me.