Another purchase

bornfree

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Beam me up Scotty !!!   That has far too many switches for me to comprehend.  All the neighbours lights dim when you switch that on I bet.

Nah. Joking looks a useful bit of kit.

Iam still learning. I've done quite a bit of stainless Tig welding in the past but never aluminium.

1 hour ago, bornfree said:

Tig and stick. I took a bit of a chance buying it because the company selling it had only used it for stick welding so I didn't know if the Tig side of it would work. But fortunately it works fine.

Hello, that's good, let us know how you get on with it. ? The mig welders I used back in the 1970s were as big as that one,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I done some alloy tig when i was an apprentice on a toolroom rotation on a big old transformer machine similar to that. make sure you are well covered up!!! I learned the hard way and burnt the unholy hell out of my arms as I had my sleeves up, mind you it was ripping out between 220 and 250 amps on heavy plate alloy press tooling. Those big machines are very user friendly and last a long time

47 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

I done some alloy tig when i was an apprentice on a toolroom rotation on a big old transformer machine similar to that. make sure you are well covered up!!! I learned the hard way and burnt the unholy hell out of my arms as I had my sleeves up, mind you it was ripping out between 220 and 250 amps on heavy plate alloy press tooling. Those big machines are very user friendly and last a long time

Hello, I use to burn my overalls 🙄, get your self a chrome leather welders coat, gloves, and hat, or a chrome leather apron, I had a chrome leather jacket when I worked in the building of Didcot power station and it was the the best to stop sparks from burning your boiler suite, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

50 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

I ran some beads on 6mm alloy at 185amps it welded very nice.