Winchester 101 XTR Lightweight 12 gauge

Winchester 101 XTR Lightweight

£500

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition Leeds, West Yorkshire
Over and Under, Multi Choke, Multi Choke, 27" barrels
0fc89771-3370-4dc6-bd0d-054c4e4cc780 6242280e-4c36-41ce-958b-adef5ace0afd Aa832a5c-f842-4fe7-a8a9-27cafbaa451c

Description

Winchester 101 XTR Lightweight O/U with nice detailed game bird scene and scroll engraving. 27" Barrels, Single trigger ejector, ventilated mid & top rib with Winchoke multi choke system. 14 1/4" Stock and comes with 4 chokes. Manual selective safety. Wood looks to have been varnished or something by previous owner, but isn’t bad as you can see.

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member GarethR. Message them here

View the full article

5 hours ago, masmiffy said:

Had one of these years ago but fixed chokes, was a brilliant gun and they do come with a very shiny stock from new.
Now have a 30" Classic Doubles as close a fit as I could find!

This. The original factory finish was a very hard gloss varnish to most of Winchesters products of the time, and Remington also incidentally. 
The condition of the varnish is a good indicator of how much use it has had. I once owned a cased genuine sleeper of a Diamond Grade, and it came with this finish. 
Saying that, I’ve only ever seen a Grand European with an oiled finish. 

I stand corrected just checked on guntrader and of the 16 listed 8 listed as 3 inch

4 listed as 2 3/4 and 4 not specified although I have never seen a 23/4 inch one myself and have owned 5 or 6 a lot get incorrectly listed by dealers as in the 30 inch one which they were never made in. 

12 minutes ago, holloway said:

I stand corrected just checked on guntrader and of the 16 listed 8 listed as 3 inch

4 listed as 2 3/4 and 4 not specified although I have never seen a 23/4 inch one myself and have owned 5 or 6 a lot get incorrectly listed by dealers as in the 30 inch one which they were never made in. 

I saw a lovely one in a little gunshop in Somerset couple of years ago  that was 3 inch chambered.£400!