Dog thefts

Scully

Not sure if this has already been covered, but locally ( around Penrith ) there has been a spate of dog thefts apparently. Have heard of occurrences on the national news so it’s not just rural, but it appears to be on the increase, with three around here just last week apparently. 
Method is drive by; vehicle pulls up beside a walker, who is attacked by two or three blokes and their dog taken. 
A knock on of ludicrous prices no doubt, but just be aware. 

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

Not sure if this has already been covered, but locally ( around Penrith ) there has been a spate of dog thefts apparently. Have heard of occurrences on the national news so it’s not just rural, but it appears to be on the increase, with three around here just last week apparently. 
Method is drive by; vehicle pulls up beside a walker, who is attacked by two or three blokes and their dog taken. 
A knock on of ludicrous prices no doubt, but just be aware. 

Hello, it's more like an epidemic, attacked or beat up as happen to one pensioner 

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

You should also keep an eye on the outside of your house, look for chalk marks on the pavement or a lamp post if its directly outside your house. Markers for a visit.

Are they still doing that.  It was prolific back in the 50s and 60s especially by the old tramps wandering around.   They don't wander around these days just sit in the shopping mall and have stupid do gooders throw cash in there hats.

Just now, Walker570 said:

Are they still doing that.  It was prolific back in the 50s and 60s especially by the old tramps wandering around.   They don't wander around these days just sit in the shopping mall and have stupid do gooders throw cash in there hats.

Apparently so. Also the marking of "1T" outside your house if you are a woman living alone is a particular cause for concern.

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Yes, I heard of that one on the news. There are some truly low life’s around. 

and what can the Justices/Judge do.  Just watched a car chase in Derby on youtube, driver put no end of people in danger over 15 minutes and hit two cars causing serious damage. What did he get ???   14 months ...will do 6 if he behaves himself if he doesn't probably 4 .     Don't blame the Judges, most of them want to do the job but their hands are tied.   AND when they come out they are intervied with a view to compensation if they think being locked up had caused them distress etc.   We have some unbelievable people making the rules these days....like the DEFRA instruction which said to put cages around red listed bird nest to stops them being predated and then the predators would not have to be controlled.  What sort of wacky baccy are these people on.

11 hours ago, fatchap said:

You should also keep an eye on the outside of your house, look for chalk marks on the pavement or a lamp post if its directly outside your house. Markers for a visit.

10 hours ago, fatchap said:

Apparently so. Also the marking of "1T" outside your house if you are a woman living alone is a particular cause for concern.

I am convinced this is made up nonsense off social media that borders on mass hysteria. Along with zip ties and all the other so called secret signs.

I am not denying dogs get stolen sometimes but I can't believe every silver van with Irish plates has stolen every dog in the neighbourhood. Fake news preying on peoples fears more like. People repeat these things to me and when I ask if they know anybody at all who has actually had a dog stolen it turns out they don't.

Thief spots lone woman household at 39 Pheasant Lane, decides there must be some sort of way to remember exactly what house 39 Pheasant Lane is. If only there was some sort of system for marking the addresses of houses such as 39 Pheasant Lane. “Aha I’ve got it, I’ll stop and conspicuously chalk a symbol on this spot which is just subtle enough that absolutely no one notices it apart from my accomplice.” But how will he tell his friend where to look, he could be anywhere in the town walking for hours not knowing. Now, it only there was some sort of system for telling him where the lone woman at 39 Pheasant Lane lived 🤔

1 hour ago, 39TDS said:
11 hours ago, fatchap said:

I am convinced this is made up nonsense off social media that borders on mass hysteria. Along with zip ties and all the other so called secret signs.

David Templar, a well known field trailer and judge had two dogs and a litter stolen yesterday. 

Thieves broke into his kennel block and stole a Labrador bitch that was in pup and a springer bitch with I think 5 or 6 pups that had been delivered by C section earlier that day. Just a few hours before being stolen. 

A joint operation between Wiltshire and Avon and Somerset Police resulted in 3 men being arrested and the dogs recovered, along with 5 other dogs that they believe to have been stolen.  

I bet he didn't have chalk marks outside his house prior to this. Glad he got his dogs back.

58 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Now, it only there was some sort of system for telling him where the lone woman at 39 Pheasant Lane lived

Something like google maps maybe? Three Little Words would be a lot easier.

She can sleep soundly tonight if they are relying on spotting chalk marks as the rain will have washed them away.

7 hours ago, greylag said:

S.Wales and Dyffyd Powis police have this week raided two properties and released 80 dogs,all stolen.

Some have already been reunited with the owners.What will the courts do,slap them on the wrists and a poor fine.Released to do it all again.

I’d chance putting some money towards sending some really nasty people around and treat them like the 80 Dogs they have stolen maybe they would learn ? 

I know I should not say that but these low lives really get my back up. 

Agriv8 

49 minutes ago, 243deer said:

the petition calling for heavier sentences for pet theft was 'debated' fairly recently. Our lily livered MP's decided that no action was needed - clearly they are completely wrong with the massive number of thefts happening - how to change things is another matter

Everyone needs to get onto them and give them some grief!