Easy Money.

fatchap

I seriously need to get my You Tube channel up to date, been a bit lapse with it lately mainly because I just can't be bothered with editing. Takes for ever, try to put a bit of humour into them by using film clips but the clip can not be longer than 3 seconds, you have to upload it, edit it down to size etc etc a nightmare. Anyway finished in the shed today and been sorting a few video's which I may have ready in about a month. So I was looking around and taking peeks at what You Tubers earn. And its a real eye opener.

Kat Wonders Canadian bird quite fit cracking eyes gets paid an absolute fortune for trying on Bikini's and dresses. She is worth a small fortune that is her full time job. Occupation is listed as You Tuber.

10 year old Chinese kid tests toys thats all he does. Big toy manufacturers fall over each other to send him thier latest toy and it does ride on if he likes it or not. 10 years old and he's worth millions.

Colin Furze You Tube inventor net worth nearly 3 million but still looks like he lives in an old council house in Stamford Lincs.

And then you have onlyfans similar to YouTube but a bit more risky. Some bird on there who is around 19, but dresses to look a bit younger. Worth Millions. Sold her bath water for $15000!!

Another You Tuber who just uploads video's of his mates getting drunk and having accidents also worth millions. 

Nik Zammetti You tuber has a wood turning channel, Worth undisclosed. But created and runs Makers Central and also now on TV Mend it for Money. 

Annoying eh?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the exception of only fans (Something I know nothing of) the people who actually make good money are really working to make it a full time job, some of the people I watch post 3-4 episodes around an hour long each week.

With how much time it takes to film and edit that sort of content it should be worth doing!! 

The clever ones make real money from product placement and merchandise etc rather than just google add revenue. 

Instagram can be similar earnings, with some ‘celeb’s’ paid on the basis of how many followers they have. Th more they have the more advertisers use them. Great little earner. 
My son in his teens was in around the top few thousand FIFA online players, but wasn’t interested enough to take it further. He outgrew it basically.

There was a lad on here some time ago who was desperate for followers; he put up quite a few films of him shooting, but had an annoying habit of trying to teach your grannie to suck eggs, as the saying goes, when he didn’t really know what he was talking about. 
I can’t recall his avatar now, but he always wanted people to like and share after watching.  He disappeared from the forum after attracting a lot of flak with his comments and opinions on those suffering from depression, when again he showed a complete lack of knowledge of the subject. 

His name is going to bug me now! 

Edited by Scully

1 minute ago, D_shooter said:

With the exception of only fans (Something I know nothing of) the people who actually make good money are really working to make it a full time job, some of the people I watch post 3-4 episodes around an hour long each week.

With how much time it takes to film and edit that sort of content it should be worth doing!! 

The clever ones make real money from product placement and merchandise etc rather than just google add revenue. 

Thats the bit I have trouble with is the editing. I have a full time job which I hate with a passion you can only dream of. I would love to get my Knife making hobby out there and hopefully bigger thing will follow and You tube seems to be quite a good platform. Its just time. What with work it can take me around a week to make a knife from scratch and film it. But I have to get a weeks worth of filming down to no more than 12 minutes. for You Tube. and it takes for ever.

1 minute ago, fatchap said:

Thats the bit I have trouble with is the editing. I have a full time job which I hate with a passion you can only dream of. I would love to get my Knife making hobby out there and hopefully bigger thing will follow and You tube seems to be quite a good platform. Its just time. What with work it can take me around a week to make a knife from scratch and film it. But I have to get a weeks worth of filming down to no more than 12 minutes. for You Tube. and it takes for ever.

Don't quote me on it but I am fairly sure videos need to be a minimum of 10/12 minutes long in order to generate google add revenue.?

Work at it, Other forms of social media need to be used in order to draw attention to your videos. Instagram being a big one.

Are you a talking kind of person?? If not I suspect it wont work out easily for you, people like entertainment as well as the content they are watching.

Intros and outtakes can fill a few minuets while being fairly easy to produce, especially showing off the knife you have just made. 

Most of them just got in on it first... you could make the same video's now but everyone is in on it, they are the extablished brand.

No different to Warren Buffett buying shares in McDonald's or Coca Cola when they first started out, they saw a good thing and got in on it before everyone else did. 

Or the people who bought Cryptocurrency like BitCoin years ago when it just started out and was worthless. 

I tried to buy a few hundred quid but it was so hard to even try and buy it... oh what could have been :lol: 

58 minutes ago, Scully said:

Instagram can be similar earnings, with some ‘celeb’s’ paid on the basis of how many followers they have. Th more they have the more advertisers use them. Great little earner. 
My son in his teens was in around the top few thousand FIFA online players, but wasn’t interested enough to take it further. He outgrew it basically.

There was a lad on here some time ago who was desperate for followers; he put up quite a few films of him shooting, but had an annoying habit of trying to teach your grannie to suck eggs, as the saying goes, when he didn’t really know what he was talking about. 
I can’t recall his avatar now, but he always wanted people to like and share after watching.  He disappeared from the forum after attracting a lot of flak with his comments and opinions on those suffering from depression, when again he showed a complete lack of knowledge of the subject. 

His name is going to bug me now! 

Srs power? There's been a few of them for sure, usually if I see some new guy linking a page I don't bother looking 

My OH is a big fan of Chateau Diaries, which is a spin off from the success of The Chateau featuring **** Strawbridge, his wife Angel and their two kids. 
The owner of Laland chateau ( where Chateau Diaries is filmed ) is called Stephanie, and her short features of daily life in and around her Chateau has really struck a chord, and she is inundated with merchandise from people and companies all over the world.
Her YouTube programmes attract HUGE numbers of followers, to the extent that it is now her main source of income. Grand work if you can get it. 

Edited by Scully

3 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Srs power? There's been a few of them for sure, usually if I see some new guy linking a page I don't bother looking 

He used to pump out video's with loads of inaccurate info that was almost the opposite of the established norm, and also went through a phase of doing "testing" video's but the conditions weren't even remotely similar.

They were just very poor overall. 

3 hours ago, D_shooter said:

At the end of the day, in a country that we are forced to pay a licence fee for the likes of chris packham to be paid, I'm more than happy for anyone to capitalize on the likes of youtube to make money.

After all I don't DIRECTLY have to pay for it.........

100%. Good luck for em. I've watched some right **** on youtube as I don't really bother with tv, occasionally Netflix but 95% of my viewing is 'tube. 

Tfbtv, Colin furze, Brandon herrara, most of those top 10s with Simon whistler,dallmyd, nkfherping, clints reptiles, hick hub redneck stuff 👍😂taofledermaus, all advertising tshirts which I'm not going to buy, but i dont begrudge them making a few pence from adverts

Edited by strimmer_13

My ex's daughter is one of the biggest UK YouTube/instagram "influencers" and she has made enough at 19 to have two houses paid off and before coronavirus lots of very expensive stuff, holidays etc.

Fair play I think, I wish I'd had such an eye for an opportunity at her age.

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

He used to pump out video's with loads of inaccurate info that was almost the opposite of the established norm, and also went through a phase of doing "testing" video's but the conditions weren't even remotely similar.

They were just very poor overall. 

Yes, very poor.