A quick stairs refurb

team tractor

12 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Nathan, I didn't see the finished job on that round the houses set of stairs you had part built in the workshop. How did they turn out?

I’ll grab a picture later off my dad 👍

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

All very nice! :good:

Well done Mate.

Cheers 

11 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

very nice indeed :good:

Thanks mel 👍

3 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

nathan you could not have done that work  i can not see any bits of fingers on the floor🤣🤣

good job done there it looks nice

i did the same glass square on the top of my stairs quite a few years ago with oak and a glass square the light through really transforms a dark stair case

😂 my mates a nurse who  i did this for 😂. He warned me as he works at the local minor injuries ward and they all know me there now 😂

we make these covers from scratch and as you say the glass makes a massive difference. 

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Excellent standard. No change there then.

Thank you 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Excellent work. 👍

Cheers 😎

If any wonders how we do it 👍😎. It’s a fully glued up 114mm tube mitred together on the spindle moulder. 

you can only have up to 100mm in kiln dried timber so at least this way we can have a chunky post by gluing 1/2” board together 

A738CC8F-D8FD-41ED-8FCF-69C196A33454.jpeg

On 31/01/2021 at 12:11, team tractor said:

Thank you 

Cheers 😎

If any wonders how we do it 👍😎. It’s a fully glued up 114mm tube mitred together on the spindle moulder. 

you can only have up to 100mm in kiln dried timber so at least this way we can have a chunky post by gluing 1/2” board together 

A738CC8F-D8FD-41ED-8FCF-69C196A33454.jpeg

When I did my one Nathan I was driving out in the countryside and went past a sawmill in a town called cocking so I went in and had a look and was amazed just how big the timbers are and said I would like a 4x4 oak post and 4x2 oak plank and they just cut it there and then from this massive trunk so I used that it is obviously no where as good as your staircase but I like it I am still waiting for the post to split or crack like oak normally does but it hasnt and I did it a good few years ago 

EACE7F79-D905-4D85-AEC8-9C780BF5EE04.jpeg

691A7EA3-945D-43F8-9204-774660181556.jpeg

2 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

When I did my one Nathan I was driving out in the countryside and went past a sawmill in a town called cocking so I went in and had a look and was amazed just how big the timbers are and said I would like a 4x4 oak post and 4x2 oak plank and they just cut it there and then from this massive trunk so I used that it is obviously no where as good as your staircase but I like it I am still waiting for the post to split or crack like oak normally does but it hasnt and I did it a good few years ago 

EACE7F79-D905-4D85-AEC8-9C780BF5EE04.jpeg

691A7EA3-945D-43F8-9204-774660181556.jpeg

Looks smart to me 😎👍

we buy a tree split down really . It’s kills us some days 

Today’s finished items 

3E0FD96D-F624-4230-AA1C-8479BB0B325E.jpeg