2021 Chilli Growing

roadkill

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

I’m about 3 weeks in now, up and running.

I’ve just don’t apache and cayenne this year.

As has been posted, we could use a decent long summer - it makes all the difference.

Mine are a mixture of chilli's that I had left over from putting some into pickled eggs. What sort they are I haven’t a clue. I put them in a paper bag and they have dried out in a draw over winter and I have harvested the seeds.

Screenshot_20220315-085731_Gallery.jpg

Edited by harrycatcat1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mum grew an enormous chilli plant that was covered in fruit last year, it was quite spectacular.

As an afterthought I decided to grow some from seed off that plant but we had eaten all the chillies, so I went to her greenhouse and sure enough there were a couple still left on the floor all dried up.

We sadly lost Mum a few weeks ago and in the following days my grandson and I sowed those chilli seeds and hoped for the best. They were up within a week and I have 37 out of 40 seeds that are just coming into first true leaves. I was hoping for one or two.

Mum was a fanatical gardener and its a nice way to remember her.

3 hours ago, 39TDS said:

Mum grew an enormous chilli plant that was covered in fruit last year, it was quite spectacular.

As an afterthought I decided to grow some from seed off that plant but we had eaten all the chillies, so I went to her greenhouse and sure enough there were a couple still left on the floor all dried up.

We sadly lost Mum a few weeks ago and in the following days my grandson and I sowed those chilli seeds and hoped for the best. They were up within a week and I have 37 out of 40 seeds that are just coming into first true leaves. I was hoping for one or two.

Mum was a fanatical gardener and its a nice way to remember her.

Sorry to hear about your mum but I'm sure she would like you to continue with the chilli growing 👍 

8 hours ago, Mungler said:

I’m about 3 weeks in now, up and running.

I’ve just don’t apache and cayenne this year.

As has been posted, we could use a decent long summer - it makes all the difference.

I managed to make a rough chipotle from smoking the ones you sent me. Have planted loads of jalapenos this year and hope to nail it

• 5 weeks later...