Webley FX2000 wanted

Huntly

Does any have or know of a good example of the FX2000 requiring a new home? I wouldn't mind either  .177 or .22, both seem to be well regarded. I would also consider an Asxor if that is an option, it was the Axsor a mates dad had years ago but I like the convenience of the cylinder gauge on the FX. I recently found a good deal but unfortunately the seller won't ship to Scotland. Under the current covid restrictions I would need shipping to my door. I'm in Scotland (Moray/Aberdeenshire)so do have my Air Weapons Certificate to allow the purchase of a sub 12 air rifle, any potential seller will be shown this on request. I would be using it for target practice for the time being but intend on using it on rabbits in future. 

19 minutes ago, saracen32 said:

Its a shame you haven't got a firearm slot as i have a minter fx 2000 for £250

That is a shame, I dont think I could justify getting my FAC for its immediate planned use. I have seen a lot of these in FAC power so hopefully that says something positive about their capabilities. 

2 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

both models on gun trader

I might be (probably!) missing them somehow but the only FX2000 and Axsors I can see on guntrader are 'trade' rather than private seller, I was told in the past by a shop when I enquired about buying an air pistol that trade sellers can only send to another RFD and absolutelynot to my house, which if true rules out me being able to get to any receiving RFD's near me without a good drive. If this is wrong I would be delighted, maybe it is a daft Scotland rule? I will ask the selling RFD, that is probably the easiest way to get a yes or no answer. 

Might be worth you giving sports & leisure at Blyth,  Northumberland  a call, last time i was in there, John the owner had a minter in for sale !

Regards Sean 

2 minutes ago, vizlauk said:

Might be worth you giving sports & leisure at Blyth,  Northumberland  a call, last time i was in there, John the owner had a minter in for sale !

Regards Sean 

01670 365980 is the shop number, Ask for John !

Edited by vizlauk

13 hours ago, vizlauk said:

Regards Sean 

01670 365980 is the shop number, Ask for John !

Thanks for the heads up, I will be calling tomorrow 🙂 

Just a short update, I called John at Sports and Leisure today and had a nice chat, he does indeed have a very nice FX2000 with walnut stock. He doesn't post airguns so if another alternative hasn't turned up local or just too good to refuse, I plan on taking a drive down to Blyth when all this lockdown stuff is over, if he hasn't sold it by then! 

18 hours ago, Huntly said:

Just a short update, I called John at Sports and Leisure today and had a nice chat, he does indeed have a very nice FX2000 with walnut stock. He doesn't post airguns so if another alternative hasn't turned up local or just too good to refuse, I plan on taking a drive down to Blyth when all this lockdown stuff is over, if he hasn't sold it by 

It caught my eye when I was in there a while back ! It was a very good example!

Pm sent Sean !

Edited by vizlauk
Add details

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just a wee update in case anyone comes across this ad in future, I am now sorted with an FX2000, a big thank you to all who assisted. If anyone has any spares lying in a drawer I might be interested in stocking up for future, or another FX in need of TLC, try me! Cheers, David