Lead shot

Fredwalton

10 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Discussion millions of time. 

It’s a “voluntary ban” ... I shall just carry on using lead. 

Most guns will take non-HP steel guns no problem. 

I think there’s even a 2 1/2” steel

cart now. 

Yeah it will be voluntary by the cartridge manufacturers and shops not to sell lead carts .

So when you cant buy them there will be nothing voluntary  for you about it .

17 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Yeah it will be voluntary by the cartridge manufacturers and shops not to sell lead carts .

So when you cant buy them there will be nothing voluntary  for you about it .

Cartridge manufacturers and shops sell what people want. 

Why would they stop selling Lead? 
What’s in it for them? 

If one shop stops doing lead and another sells it people who want lead will drive past the shop that don’t sell it to go to the other one. 

If it’s not enforced then why would one shop stop selling it? 

19 hours ago, Fredwalton said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but just thinking about lead shot and the ban tat is coming in in a few years time. What is going to happen with my guns that can't take Steel shot? Again apologies if this has been discussed etc

What are your guns that cannot take steel shot? 

18 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Cartridge manufacturers and shops sell what people want. 

Why would they stop selling Lead? 
What’s in it for them? 

If one shop stops doing lead and another sells it people who want lead will drive past the shop that don’t sell it to go to the other one. 

If it’s not enforced then why would one shop stop selling it? 

Er I think they sell what makes the best profit 

not everyone has the luxury of being within easy driving distance of alternative shops 

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Er I think they sell what makes the best profit 

not everyone has the luxury of being within easy driving distance of alternative shops 

If one shop sells lead and one doesn’t and people want lead then the shop that tries to force steel onto its customers can’t make much profit if the customers go elsewhere surely? 

Justcartridges can deliver your choice of carts to your doorstep. 

3 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

If one shop sells lead and one doesn’t and people want lead then the shop that tries to force steel onto its customers can’t make much profit if the customers go elsewhere surely? 

Justcartridges can deliver your choice of carts to your doorstep. 

Do they really?? 
everywhere? 

or is that just mainland uk ? 

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Do they really?? 
everywhere? 

or is that just mainland uk ? 

I live in mainland U.K. so apologies I have not checked elsewhere. 

I would have thought however the vast majority of cartridges get sold on mainland U.K. ? 🤷‍♂️

Economies of scale etc. 

16 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I live in mainland U.K. so apologies I have not checked elsewhere. 

I would have thought however the vast majority of cartridges get sold on mainland U.K. ? 🤷‍♂️

Economies of scale etc. 

So they will sell them where the profit is ? 
as I said not everyone has the luxury of the choice you have what you can get 

25 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

So they will sell them where the profit is ? 
as I said not everyone has the luxury of the choice you have what you can get 

Yes they will sell them where the profit is, I thought you were saying there is more profit in cartridge shops selling steel over lead? 

Do you currently have issues getting cartridges where you are? :hmm: If not why would they stop selling cartridges up your way in future? 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Yes they will sell them where the profit is, I thought you were saying there is more profit in cartridge shops selling steel over lead? 

Do you currently have issues getting cartridges where you are?  If not why would they stop selling cartridges up your way in future? 

Down my way 

we have what we can get which is inevitably the cartridges with the most profit for the supplier 

1 minute ago, Old farrier said:

Down my way 

we have what we can get which is inevitably the cartridges with the most profit for the supplier 

Sorry Old Farrier, down your way :) 

They will old have the one brand? and one cartridge choice? 32g 6's for everything! 

God, where abouts are you? 

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

Sorry Old Farrier, down your way :) 

They will old have the one brand? and one cartridge choice? 32g 6's for everything! 

God, where abouts are you? 

That’s the thing with forums when sweeping comments are made it’s rarely considered that some are not afforded the luxury of the location that the posters live in or the problems incurred in obtaining the goods 

9 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

That’s the thing with forums when sweeping comments are made it’s rarely considered that some are not afforded the luxury of the location that the posters live in or the problems incurred in obtaining the goods 

Yes, sorry but it's hard to take into account every person in every corner of the UK though. 

As with most things, comments and plans put in place for the most benefit to the most people. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Yes, sorry but it's hard to take into account every person in every corner of the UK though. 

As with most things, comments and plans put in place for the most benefit to the most people. 

Bit like selling for profit then sell it to the masses and never mind the rest 

however we get used to it 🙄

5 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

At some point there wont be the choice of lead. Wont be made. 

Possibly not, but the voluntary phase out only effects live quarry shooters, or in particular game shooters....if they choose to phase it out of course. 
Im assuming if there’s a demand, and manufacturers choose to supply that demand, it will still be available. If not game shooters will possibly just buy trap cartridges. 🤷‍♂️
I intend to stockpile my favourite game cartridges. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Possibly not, but the voluntary phase out only effects live quarry shooters, or in particular game shooters....if they choose to phase it out of course. 
Im assuming if there’s a demand, and manufacturers choose to supply that demand, it will still be available. If not game shooters will possibly just buy trap cartridges. 🤷‍♂️
I intend to stockpile my favourite game cartridges. 

Agreed, but I fear it Could be the slow beginning of the end for lead, but who knows.