Browning 525 longstock / alternative

hod

Been mulling over a new gun (why not, right?). Currently have a Browning 525 adjustable Sporter. Picking it up for the first time after using other guns including a couple of berettas was like a revelation.

After faffing about the the adjustable stock, I’ve found that having it down, ie flush, as if it wasn’t actually there or used, suits me best. Doh! I do however have a spacer in to lengthen it (I’m a big gangly 6’2”). It is not, in my opinion, a thing of beauty - Mainly because of the stock. 

I’ve seen a 525 ‘shadow’ longstock special edition. 15” stock, higher grade than standard, fits the bill 100%.

But... I just can’t get on board with a black action. Do Browning make a non-black long stocked o/u? Or can anyone suggest anything similar? 

Edited by hod

They do offer a 'Short' stock on the current models, the 'Standard' being nearly 15". However as has been said, the Influx pad will fit, even if your gun does not have one already. As long as the rear of the stock is cut straight, the Influx pads will fit. Try fleabay, they are around £25. They do 3 thicknesses, I think the thickest is 25 or 28mm.

52 minutes ago, Westley said:

They do offer a 'Short' stock on the current models, the 'Standard' being nearly 15". However as has been said, the Influx pad will fit, even if your gun does not have one already. As long as the rear of the stock is cut straight, the Influx pads will fit. Try fleabay, they are around £25. They do 3 thicknesses, I think the thickest is 25 or 28mm.

My current 525 has a plastic spacer, and the thickest Inflex pad too - a great fit LOP wise for me, but not the best looking. If the long stock version of the 525 is that bit longer allowing for no spacer and maybe even a thinner pad, it would look far better. But I can’t see that I can buy that variant without a black action.

Of course, this could all be marketing bs, and really the ‘longstock’ isn’t really much longer at all. 

Edited by hod

25 minutes ago, ianspire said:

There is only 6mm difference between standard and long , standard listed as 375mm and long at 381mm

Thanks, I didn’t realise that measurement on the browning site was reference the stock, clearly is when converted to inches, thanks! Just the extra length really of a thin stock spacer.