stock mods

ldh

hello there good people

ive been looking into getting the adjustable stock from the air arms s200t to fit to my s200 then i found out how much one would cost and had to go to the toilet <_<

so.... how difficult is it to do the mods yourself....are there any universal kits available.....its the cheek adjuster that i want .....the adjustable butt pads are easy and plentifull from the likes of ebay so no probs with that....has anyone done this mod before if so what would you advise

ive included a pic an s200t to show what im babbling about

many thanks

lee :lol:

hello there good people

ive been looking into getting the adjustable stock from the air arms s200t to fit to my s200 then i found out how much one would cost and had to go to the toilet :stupid:

so.... how difficult is it to do the mods yourself....are there any universal kits available.....its the cheek adjuster that i want .....the adjustable butt pads are easy and plentifull from the likes of ebay so no probs with that....has anyone done this mod before if so what would you advise

many thanks

lee :lol:

mate, get a jigsaw cut it up, get 2 bolts and a drill drill 2 holes straight thre the bottom of the but then into the cheek, open up the holes on the bottom so you can hide the bolts, do the same on the top and under the cheek piece, dont go threw to the top of the cheek piece mate or itl look stupid, youl have to stan and oil the fresh parts of wood, use the bolt under the cheeck piece to adjust, job done..

• 1 month later...
hello there good people

ive been looking into getting the adjustable stock from the air arms s200t to fit to my s200 then i found out how much one would cost and had to go to the toilet :rolleyes:

many thanks

lee :drinks:

mate, get a jigsaw cut it up, get 2 bolts and a drill drill 2 holes straight thre the bottom of the but then into the cheek, open up the holes on the bottom so you can hide the bolts, do the same on the top and under the cheek piece, dont go threw to the top of the cheek piece mate or itl look stupid, youl have to stan and oil the fresh parts of wood, use the bolt under the cheeck piece to adjust, job done..

I think you should take to a gunsmith and get him to do it, I wouldn't take Juniors advice anyway, sounds a bit dodgy.

I would not take a weather check from Junior - Junior cowboy.

Photo bucket not working. PM me for photos.

You can get these for about £60. A mate's son is making me a better copy. It will be my first go and I don't know whether to use a bandsaw or fretsaw to cut the stock. I will make a jig and practice a bit first.

I would not take a weather check from Junior - Junior cowboy.

Photo bucket not working. PM me for photos.

You can get these for about �60. A mate's son is making me a better copy. It will be my first go and I don't know whether to use a bandsaw or fretsaw to cut the stock. I will make a jig and practice a bit first.

hi mate i would use the band saw to cut the stock

Bought a scrollsaw last night. Two trial runs on scrap wood and impatience got the better of me. Stock is now cut and a pretty decent, easy job it was. Very little sanding to do. Just trying to take a slight bit off to lower the comb as the scrollsaw only took a very thin cut. Just waiting for the mechanism now.