Gunsmith Cumbria - anyone advise?

robmiller

I wouldn’t know who to recommend nowadays, unless it’s woodwork you want doing?

Tom Rosling ( Sykes of Penrith ) isn’t a well man at the moment, and I’m not sure what sort of work he undertook anyhow. 
I met a bloke at Ian’s ( Lakeland Guns) when last there who said he was starting up on his own as a gunsmith, so maybe you could give Ian a call? I have no idea who he uses. Ditto for Gardners Guns just outside Carlisle. 
There is Derek Gardner of Little Strickland, although his main trade is blacksmithing and farrier work, so not sure how that translates into gunsmithing. 
Fawcetts are proper gunsmiths if their workshop is anything to go by, which isn’t too far from Cockermouth; ( a bit closer actually since they moved) a quick run along the A66 and an even quicker one down the M6. 🙂

34 minutes ago, did i miss said:

Has lakeland guns not been bought out by westlands or just mite be gossip 

Westlands are supposed to be buying all the stock, to start up in January just gone, when Ian was going to run the shop ‘til it was up and running. 
I see they ( Westlands ) have a few posts online regarding various guns, but with everything that’s going on I haven’t heard whether any of the above has happened, nor indeed if it still will. 🤷‍♂️

46 minutes ago, Scully said:

Westlands are supposed to be buying all the stock, to start up in January just gone, when Ian was going to run the shop ‘til it was up and running. 
I see they ( Westlands ) have a few posts online regarding various guns, but with everything that’s going on I haven’t heard whether any of the above has happened, nor indeed if it still will. 🤷‍♂️

Hoping to pop over to Westlands shortly so will let you know what I find out. Won’t be any use to you but I go up to Graham Mackinley in Glasgow

On 01/02/2021 at 20:17, Scully said:

I believe this to be the case. Belly will run it until up and going but has been bought by Westlands. Not sure long term situation