Lee Loadall 2 Reloading set up- getting started

Hi, so I’ve ordered a Lee Loadall 2 and want to embark on some basic 12g re-loading to get the hang of it. 
I'm thinking 12g 70mm 30/32 g lead in 5 and 6 shot with fibre wad for Pigeon and Corvid decoying, flighting and roosting. Then I want to move onto steel.
What kit do I need to buy before I start and does anyone have any recipes. 
I know I’m not going to save any money on these kinds or loads but I just want to get familiar with how it all works. 
thanks

11 minutes ago, chip000 said:

Hi, so I’ve ordered a Lee Loadall 2 and want to embark on some basic 12g re-loading to get the hang of it. 
I'm thinking 12g 70mm 30/32 g lead in 5 and 6 shot with fibre wad for Pigeon and Corvid decoying, flighting and roosting. Then I want to move onto steel.
What kit do I need to buy before I start and does anyone have any recipes. 
I know I’m not going to save any money on these kinds or loads but I just want to get familiar with how it all works. 
thanks

A good idea to get some scales sorted to check your powder weights.

were are you going to get your loading data from ? as some of the components can be easier to find than others Cheddite or Fiocchi cases are easy enough to source .lots of knowledgeable chaps on the forum don't be afraid to keep picking their brains. 

Hi I only load black powder but for cases wads and loading info You cant beat Folkstone engineering. Very nice guy

I use an old Lee which must have loaded a zillion cartridges before I got it. You will never wear it out.

Dont forget the dodge of drilling a hole in the corner of the hopper lid to aid emptying.

The scales are essential!

Edited by DUNKS

9 minutes ago, holloway said:

A good idea to get some scales sorted to check your powder weights.

were are you going to get your loading data from ? as some of the components can be easier to find than others Cheddite or Fiocchi cases are easy enough to source .lots of knowledgeable chaps on the forum don't be afraid to keep picking their brains. 

Thanks, I was hoping to get a steer on loading data. The little I’ve seen seems a nightmare. I plan to reuse the Gamebore 70mm Clear Pigeon cases I currently use as I have a few 1000 to get through. 

5 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Hi I only load black powder but for cases wads and loading info You cant beat Folkstone engineering. Very nice guy

I use an old Lee which must have loaded a zillion cartridges before I got it. You will never wear it out.

Dont forget the dodge of drilling a hole in the corner of the hopper lid to aid emptying.

The scales are essential!

Thanks Dunks. I bought the Lee Loadall from 1967 Spud Reloading Supplies in Norfolk - Only £65.