410 shotgun wanted for son

Steve111

Hi,

My son, 10 had his first go with a shotgun yesterday, he tried a friends 20b, it was just a bit too heavy as he is a slight build!  I’m looking to get a cheap but reliable .410 for him to use until he is big enough to use a 20b.  Single barrel or over under will be fine, I hope that I can use it to teach him the basics, most importantly safety before stepping up to 20b in a year or so, if he is still enjoying it!  
We live on the coast between Suffolk and Norfolk so would like to keep it local if possible so that lockdown rules can be adhered to!!  

can anybody help?

cheers,

Steve

19 hours ago, stuartbrierley said:

410 very disheartening for a young shooter  with all the misses  try a 28 bore 

I would hope that he will move on to a 20b after a few months once he gets used to handling a shotgun! He tried my mates sons 20b it was just slightly too heavy for him, they are the same age but very different builds.  Happy with 410 or 28b, I’m not too worried about him missing, I want him to get used to safety and gun handling first! 

already started on safety as he comes out with me when I take the rifle out, and we talk about when a shot is safe or when there is no safe shot!

safety, safety, safety!!