TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

That's intereesting. Holland's were part of the LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennesy) group of luxury goods makers. There was an earlier Anglo-Italian collaboration with the Webley-Beretta and, indeed, an American one with the Weatherby-Beretta .22LR self-loadingn rifle back in the 1970s.

I think H&H are owned by Chanel, bought apparently when they wanted a brand with masculine appeal

I can't see anything on the internet about Beretta buying them, but would assume H&H are struggling

32 minutes ago, simcgunner said:

I see that Berretta has purchased Holland and Holland from Chanel . Sounds like a better fit. The Italian's are prudent investors and will do a good job.

I just hope it doesn’t mean that we can look forward to seeing stock bolts, split pistol grips, painted wood grain, sprayed on stock finish, plastic butt plates, coil spring actions and all the other carp quality which comes as standard with mass produced Silver Pigeons bearing the H&H name.

2 hours ago, London Best said:

I just hope it doesn’t mean that we can look forward to seeing stock bolts, split pistol grips, painted wood grain, sprayed on stock finish, plastic butt plates, coil spring actions and all the other carp quality which comes as standard with mass produced Silver Pigeons bearing the H&H name.

Are you saying Berettas are rubbish? Must be doing something right as they have bought H&H and not the other way round! Maybe H&H should have studied more carefully what Beretta do and they may not be getting taken over!

It will be interesting. Remember Holland's sold re-branded Webley boxlocks, on and off, since at least WWI. The Holland "Zeppelin Gun" is a Webley. 

This could go any number of routes. Let's wait and see. I wonder if there will be a London "take" on A A Brown's "Brown Beretta"? 

Holland's unlike Boss and the now Purdey owned Woodward never were innovators in the O/U field. 

Edited by enfieldspares

2 hours ago, London Best said:

In fact probably the board had similar ideas, another reason that they are in the position they're in, may be learn to move with the times rather than stick with outdated opinions

Beretta can make a very good quality shotgun. And they build all quality levels. Not everyone can afford a £70k Beretta, obviously, including me. But I have little respect for the built to a price rather than a standard, entry level offering.  What I am saying is it will be a sad thing if such things ever bear the H&H name.