TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, button said:

Pretty sure a "carp silver pigeon" as you would call it will last out many a shooter if looked after correctly, they are better quality than you seem to think, have a look you might be surprised!

The silver pigeons and all the 68 series from 20 years ago are outstanding guns probably the most reliable guns ever made. But and it's a big but the modern Beretta's are just not built as well.

36 minutes ago, bornfree said:

The silver pigeons and all the 68 series from 20 years ago are outstanding guns probably the most reliable guns ever made. But and it's a big but the modern Beretta's are just not built as well.

May be not as well, and we could argue that point still the cows come home, but regardless the new ones are still good guns which will outlast most shooting careers with the right care

But the tripe spouted by London Best is ridiculous and views of someone who has no experience of the product 

2 hours ago, button said:

Got alot to back that up have you?

I think you will find it’s all facts.

And I never stated SP’s were carp. I said there were many carp features as standard. Unfortunately, they spoil what was a good design.

Edited by London Best

19 minutes ago, London Best said:

I think you will find it’s all facts.

And I never stated SP’s were carp. I said there were many carp features as standard. Unfortunately, they spoil what was a good design.

Really? Somebody tell you? Heard it from a friend of a friend?

spli

10 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

What would suggest instead as a reliable gun that’s rugged enough to really use but still handles acceptably for most people? 

I believe SPs to be generally reliable enough, apart from the breaking across the pistol grip issue. 
Handling is a very subjective thing. What one prefers another finds clumsy, or too light, or heavy , or too whippy. Some people even find pump actions with moderators to have acceptable handling.
One of the most successful guns ever is cheaply made ugly and I cannot imagine it handles well, but I don’t want an AK47.

1 minute ago, London Best said:

I believe SPs to be generally reliable enough, apart from the breaking across the pistol grip issue. 
Handling is a very subjective thing. What one prefers another finds clumsy, or too light, or heavy , or too whippy. Some people even find pump actions with moderators to have acceptable handling.
One of the most successful guns ever is cheaply made ugly and I cannot imagine it handles well, but I don’t want an AK47.

If the SP is so bad why does every shooting school use them as their primary gun, what are they the best sell gun in the UK? 

As a side note The AK47 is a totally different beast it’s an assault rifle I’ve use a few and they handle ok for a battle rifle the AKM on AK74 are slightly better.  But let’s get back on topic. 

1 hour ago, welshwarrior said:

If the SP is so bad why does every shooting school use them as their primary gun, what are they the best sell gun in the UK? 

Don’t exaggerate what I have said. I have not said it is so bad. I said I believe it has various quality issues as standard, and it has. It is the entry level gun, made to a price not a standard, from the oldest and one of the most respected gunmakers in the World. I guess shooting schools use them because they are the cheapest gun they can buy that is good enough to do what they need. Even I always recommend a beginner thinking of buying a cheaper new gun to forget it and buy a secondhand Beretta or save a bit more for a new one.

I said there were many carp features as standard.

stock bolts, split pistol grips, painted wood grain, sprayed on stock finish, plastic butt plates, coil spring actions and all the other carp quality 

Stock bolts, sprayed on stock finish, coil spring actions, plastic butt plates etc. are a feature of most guns produced today. I am unaware of the pistol grip splitting being a problem. Other than the painted wood grain, I am bewildered by your labelling them as "carp".

36 minutes ago, London Best said:

Don’t exaggerate what I have said. I have not said it is so bad. I said I believe it has various quality issues as standard, and it has. It is the entry level gun, made to a price not a standard, from the oldest and one of the most respected gunmakers in the World. I guess shooting schools use them because they are the cheapest gun they can buy that is good enough to do what they need. Even I always recommend a beginner thinking of buying a cheaper new gun to forget it and buy a secondhand Beretta or save a bit more for a new one.

You said they where carp, my assumption is your are avoiding the swear filter for a word meaning not very good.   Shooting schools don’t tend to use things that aren’t very good and being not very good doesn’t lend itself to being a best selling item. 

Not seen the split pistol grip thing and looked after quite a lot of them. 

If I’ve misunderstood ‘carp’ I apologise and please explain it’s meaning. 

11 hours ago, London Best said:

If it has various quality issues as standard why are they are best seller? The two don't normally go together. The fact is like everything you may get the odd one with an issue but putting into perspective, with the numbers sold it will be a very very small %

Think dug a hole that will get deeper the more you try to defend your defenceless comments

Beretta holdings own Beretta USA .Benelli  Franchi  Sako  Tikka  Uberti  Stoeger Burris optics and now H&H

Stoeger of Turkey make barrels for some Beretta and Benelli

Sako and Tikka are still great rifles

Benelli are good semis So i think they will be good for H&H and may get an H&H rebadged Italian for the  more affordable range

Rolls Royce are owned by BMW and also mini and they're doing ok

1 hour ago, sabel25 said:

Beretta holdings own Beretta USA .Benelli  Franchi  Sako  Tikka  Uberti  Stoeger Burris optics and now H&H

Stoeger of Turkey make barrels for some Beretta and Benelli

Sako and Tikka are still great rifles

Benelli are good semis So i think they will be good for H&H and may get an H&H rebadged Italian for the  more affordable range

Rolls Royce are owned by BMW and also mini and they're doing ok

Some just don't like change

1 hour ago, button said:

Some just don't like change

If it was'nt for these companies. Thinks would be very different. They say the UK make nothing? We have Nissan Honda Toyota BMW all made in factories in the UK along with many other companies. Just as the UK invest in Asian countries and other countries. It's commerce

1 hour ago, sabel25 said:

If it was'nt for these companies. Thinks would be very different. They say the UK make nothing? We have Nissan Honda Toyota BMW all made in factories in the UK along with many other companies. Just as the UK invest in Asian countries and other countries. It's commerce

100%