New shotgun

Walker570

I may be needing a new shotgun come the new 2021 season.  Choices choices....  in 410 gauge.  Bettinsoli, Rizzini, Browning or should I go for  what I have now Yilditz or any other suggestions.  I have been put of KOFs by comments on here.  There is a nice looking Parker Hale hammer on offer but it is down in Kent. Would be nice to shoot a hammer again and it has 28 inch barrels where I like 30s but, if it felt right I would have it.  Getting my hands on it to try it is the problem at the moment.   Thoughts ???

5 minutes ago, London Best said:

Neville, I bought this last year,  W. Richards made in 1902. If you fancy trying it out next season I will take a day somewhere with you and you can use it all day if you like.6237B602-11F4-4873-9561-AB2A871C37C0.jpeg.2a7de61423b8041f850000ca3be19577.jpeg0BBFF12B-7E0B-453B-89CF-B2818FAF380B.jpeg.55afe941c669b85a2cb2152f1f889817.jpeg

Now that is a idea and would be great to see you again.  That looks very similar to the Parker Hale Midland for sale.  I take a day at Catton every season and have one booked for this coming season for a team of guns.   PM me an e mail and we can keep in touch.  I might have that Midland by then anyway ..

8 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Whats wrong with your yildiz ? 

It just started to light strike intermittently on both barrels. It has had a fair bit of work over four...maybe five seasons so I cannot complain as it probably cost me a fiver a day.

I have a RFD friend who is going to strip it and see if it is worn out. With ally actions always a possible problem.  It has been a superb little gun.

Just looking at what may replace it. 

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Now that is a idea and would be great to see you again.  That looks very similar to the Parker Hale Midland for sale.  I take a day at Catton every season and have one booked for this coming season for a team of guns.   PM me an e mail and we can keep in touch.  I might have that Midland by then anyway ..

Sounds like a plan!  Catton is very handy for me too. I’m up for that.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Neville, I bought this last year,  W. Richards made in 1902. If you fancy trying it out next season I will take a day somewhere with you and you can use it all day if you like.6237B602-11F4-4873-9561-AB2A871C37C0.jpeg.2a7de61423b8041f850000ca3be19577.jpeg0BBFF12B-7E0B-453B-89CF-B2818FAF380B.jpeg.55afe941c669b85a2cb2152f1f889817.jpeg

are your pins a bit short.....do you need new rebound springs ?

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

are your pins a bit short.....do you need new rebound springs ?

I don't know. I am waiting for this pathetic lockdown to clear and I can drive up to Stoke on Trent and get it sorted if possible. If I can arrange to handle that little Midland hamer gun then I might finish up with another 410 as well:yahoo:

Hah!! see it did not relate to my shotgun. Yes well spotted, I didn't see that.

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, London Best said:

The only ones I have seen were definitely on a 20 bore action. Yuk!

Perhaps you could try a closer look and maybe you would possibly be less inclined to make such a statement 

I definitely have both a 20 bore and the 4.10 687 and would maybe think you are talking about a different model but what would I know 🙄

1 minute ago, Old farrier said:

Perhaps you could try a closer look and maybe you would possibly be less inclined to make such a statement 

I definitely have both a 20 bore and the 4.10 687 and would maybe think you are talking about a different model but what would I know 🙄

Are you saying your fourten is not built on a 20 action, or even a 28? I am sure I have seen Beretta fourtens on 20 actions. Put me right.

4 minutes ago, London Best said:

Are you saying your fourten is not built on a 20 action, or even a 28? I am sure I have seen Beretta fourtens on 20 actions. Put me right.

Wouldn’t dream of putting you right especially with your knowledge of all things over and under 

As I’m sure you ment to say scaled down action 

I shall measure them next time I’m in the gun room 

As for the 28 bore comparisons I’m not a fan of the gauge so wouldn’t know 

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Wouldn’t dream of putting you right especially with your knowledge of all things over and under 

As I am sure you realise, my knowledge of all things over and under is deliberately limited because I am less than a fan. So you can keep your smarmy remarks to yourself.