Gun sales during lockdown?

Lloyd90

1 hour ago, scarecrow243 said:

Hi LIoyd90 shops are allowed  but private would be a bit risky because of distance etc

That’s what I thought mate 👍🏻

Got a young lad wants to buy a rifle off me but I’ve told him will have to wait until after lockdown! 

He reckons it’ll be fine. I’ve told him we will speak to the FEO as not worth getting into any bother. 

He is in my area for work this week anyway so driving past my house not coming just for this but was trying to tie the journey into pickup if possible. 

I don't see a problem as long as short journey or divert as in your case and sensible precautions used sanitising and wearing gloves and masks and keeping distance, maybe set up a table outside to do exchange on. Ebay, preloved, gumtree etc all still functioning as sales/collection portals and 10s of thousands of dogs have been exchanged. 

I would email the firearms dept tell them it all will be carried out safely then when they reply you have an email for your safety, instead of just speaking to them over the phone, I can’t see a problem especially if he is passing your home to go to work.

Edited by blackbird

6 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

That’s what I thought mate 👍🏻

Got a young lad wants to buy a rifle off me but I’ve told him will have to wait until after lockdown! 

He reckons it’ll be fine. I’ve told him we will speak to the FEO as not worth getting into any bother. 

He is in my area for work this week anyway so driving past my house not coming just for this but was trying to tie the journey into pickup if possible. 

Hello, cannot see a problem, wear masks, hand over rifle, do paper work if required, get money, wave goodbye 👍😁

Plenty of shops doing a "click and collect" type service with guns.

Private sales.....I guess if it's a purchase for essential reasons, i.e. vermin control, work, etc, then that would be legal.  If it's a recreational gun then I doubt it would constitute an essential journey.

But then again if you say it's for vermin control, therefore essential, it'd be difficult to disprove.

Edited by jan8p