Captain Sir Tom Moore RIP

steve_b_wales

We are all born into a world to live and eventually die, but not many will ever leave behind such a personal legacy that Sir Captain Tom Moore has. You were the same era as my Grandad who like you had a cheeky side to him and always had a positive outlook on life in good times and bad. 

Bless you Sir Tom and a big thank you.  

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Now the nation must mourn, no matter your colour, creed, age or sexuality this man brought a temporary respite to a country in turmoil, may the grace of every caring soul be with you Sir.

Thank you. The eloquence of your words has summed up the Nation's feelings such that anything spouted by the various dignitaries over the next few days will  pale into insignificance by comparison.

I have loads of respect for the man it’s a sad lose for the uk.

but I would like ask a question what did he actually die from his daughter said he was being treated for two weeks for pneumonia yet the media have said it’s covid how many have been put on list as covid when passing away from other things

we are not getting truth.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I have all the respect in the world for the man 👍 but I think to take him on a Xmas holiday in the middle of a pandemic was a mistake.

But was that not his choice to take , maybe he thought at his age ,its maybe  the last chance he would have to spend time away with his family . RIP to a beautiful  gentleman  . I would take the knee for him , with the greatest respect . 

58 minutes ago, snow white said:

I have loads of respect for the man it’s a sad lose for the uk.

but I would like ask a question what did he actually die from his daughter said he was being treated for two weeks for pneumonia yet the media have said it’s covid how many have been put on list as covid when passing away from other things

we are not getting truth.

There's no conspiracy or manipulation. He was being treated for pneumonia, but that doesn't have to be fatal. Depending on the type of pneumonia, antibiotics could have been all that was needed. However, if Covid is then put into the mix as well, that could be far too much for the lungs to cope with. Independent of the Covid, he survives, with it, he passes. So the cause of death is Covid.

Rest in Peace, Sir Tom.

Tonight we stood outside our home
Applauding one who's name's well known
He did his best and then some more
Through days of peace and some of war
One hundred years of tears and smiles
With others always on his mind
At Heavens gates one things for sure
They'll clap and say " Well done Tom Moore ".

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

At any age pneumonia is bad news but for a 100yr old you don’t stand a lot of hope. Poor sod.

I know it was on his bucket list but taking a long haul flight aged 100 is probably a recipe to getting pneumonia! Flying first class or not. 

I rarely do R.I.P. threads. I tend to think they're a bit virtue signally but I genuinely felt regret that this wonderful man had passed away.

A genuine hero in a time when all too often the public's heroes are over paid sportsmen.

Here we lost a man who had served his country in a world war and then many years later following a modest attempt to raise £1,000 succeeded in raising over £30 million.

So a heart felt RIP Sir Tom. Long may you memory be cherished.