Ouch!

fatchap

Well ouch is an understatement. During a momentary lack of concentration today while forging a medieval knife and fork my thumb somehow came between my 3 pound hammer and the anvil. Needless to say there was lots of swearing 🤬 and more swearing followed by some more swearing. The pain was excruciating, why I beleived shoving my thumb into my armpit was in anyway going to help. It wasn't long before my thumb developed a heart beat. Went indoors to show the wife my substantial injury. She had a rummage in the cupboard and plugged in this gadget which I didn't like the look of. Especially when the tip began to glow orange. She put it on my thumb nail and pressed then removed it and the blood must have shot 6 inches in the air. She said I might need an X-ray as its now twice the size of my other thumb. Well after the blood had been released I had a temporary spell of Ahhhhhhhh! before the excruciating pain started again. How can so much agonising pain come from a thumb. Its agony, can't concentrate. Its just pain pain pain.

THUMB.jpg.b0a7849fc71ccd2fbc18904af56736ef.jpg 

Me best mate decided I was in need of some first aid, which wasn't much help. 

Hope this eases up quickly got to get the knife and fork done by the weekend. But my damaged digit is making holding the tongs a bit painful.

Edited by fatchap

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

Well ouch is an understatement. During a momentary lack of concentration today while forging a medieval knife and fork my thumb somehow came between my 3 pound hammer and the anvil. Needless to say there was lots of swearing 🤬 and more swearing followed by some more swearing. The pain was excruciating, why I beleived shoving my thumb into my armpit was in anyway going to help. It wasn't long before my thumb developed a heart beat. Went indoors to show the wife my substantial injury. She had a rummage in the cupboard and plugged in this gadget which I didn't like the look of. Especially when the tip began to glow orange. She put it on my thumb nail and pressed then removed it and the blood must have shot 6 inches in the air. She said I might need an X-ray as its now twice the size of my other thumb. Well after the blood had been released I had a temporary spell of Ahhhhhhhh! before the excruciating pain started again. How can so much agonising pain come from a thumb. Its agony, can't concentrate. Its just pain pain pain.

Hope this eases up quickly got to get the knife and fork done by the weekend. But my damaged digit is making holding the tongs a bit painful.

Your thumb has its own pulse so I guess it’s why it hurts a lot. My dad shattered his thumbs into 28 pieces of bone and passed out in the van . 
if it’s an open fracture you need antibiotics but I doubt the hospital will do anything otherwise.

I broke my left thumb with a hammer 18 years ago while building fishing stages for the M6 toll . I held it in the water for an hour . Went hospital and was sent home . I completed an 2 hour enduro 2 days later 😂.

25 minutes ago, PPP said:

Yuck... I did Similar when I dropped a crank case onto my thumb on garage floor, needed to invent new swears as existing were insufficient..

i dropped a transit diesel engine complete with gearbox on my finger , i ran around the garage walls at around 80mph , i did it nearly 30 years ago , and ive only just stopped swearing :lol:.

Oh I do feel your pain. there is nothing quite like a well blackened nail. if your going to go down the putting a hole through it which is really the best way you have to go deep else the blood builds up again and the pain comes back. it sound barbaric cause it is but it works.👍   

59 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

i dropped a transit diesel engine complete with gearbox on my finger , i ran around the garage walls at around 80mph , i did it nearly 30 years ago , and ive only just stopped swearing :lol:.

Did similar with a Capri, man it hurt like something else. Had to sit down for a moment, you know when a kid really hurts themselves and takes a deep breath and holds it for about 10 minutes before screaming the place down, well I went to that place.

That's not painful 🤔 Try having a one and a half ton steel beam slip and land on the end of a finger,,,, THAT'S pain 😣😂🤣 Despite the intense pain, all I could do at the time was laugh, tell jokes and sing Robbie Williams songs 😳😂

BTW, it eventually healed so didn't lose the fingertip 😔

Hope you get your task finished 👍

A slight miscalculation - I was rushing to get done for my tea - when doing some fencing a couple of weeks back meant I needed to adjust the catch on the slamming post. What I needed to do was pull it out and knock it back in again half an inch closer to the gate. What I did was **** it with a big hammer! And then proceed to crack myself in the side of the nose with said hammer! Big gash on the side of my nose, black eye and a slightly hysterical wife when I went back in the house with my nose pouring with blood.

On 02/02/2021 at 19:39, fatchap said:

oh dear i thought tt as the norm      seen picture didnt read  get well soon  its not tt         i speak from experience  light a candle redden a paper clip and pierce the nail to relieve pressure  it hurts like hell but next day all good  you will loose the nail   freaks the mrs out when you leave it by the kettle    i taped mine to the tv remote a win win no more soaps 🤣🤣

Edited by Saltings

Just found this on my photos 😂

34B8E30C-4C36-4076-88E4-C628E0449580.jpeg

6B2B8FE6-45E5-4320-B243-BE044AD151DF.jpeg

7 hours ago, Saltings said:

oh dear i thought tt as the norm      seen picture didnt read  get well soon  its not tt         i speak from experience  light a candle redden a paper clip and pierce the nail to relieve pressure  it hurts like hell but next day all good  you will loose the nail   freaks the mrs out when you leave it by the kettle    i taped mine to the tv remote a win win no more soaps 🤣🤣

😂😂😂 

Edited by team tractor

Once upon a time , i was locking up the hens. I bent inside the shed to pick up an egg and bang. The cockerel spurred me through the side of my nose, right through, through above my top lip and half way down my lip. Couldn't stop the bleeding, so the queer thing at the time, [ girlfriend ] had me go to A&E . So when they asked how it happened i said a big lad done it and ran away. Well it was what happened really. Any way the cleaned it up and done all sorts to fettle it and now a lovely scar. But the next day the Big lad didn't run much further. And i didn't swear at all.........

3 hours ago, team tractor said:

Just found this on my photos 😂

34B8E30C-4C36-4076-88E4-C628E0449580.jpeg

6B2B8FE6-45E5-4320-B243-BE044AD151DF.jpeg

😂😂😂 

Dude you're just a world standard finger smasher 😅

2 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

Once upon a time , i was locking up the hens. I bent inside the shed to pick up an egg and bang. The cockerel spurred me through the side of my nose, right through, through above my top lip and half way down my lip. Couldn't stop the bleeding, so the queer thing at the time, [ girlfriend ] had me go to A&E . So when they asked how it happened i said a big lad done it and ran away. Well it was what happened really. Any way the cleaned it up and done all sorts to fettle it and now a lovely scar. But the next day the Big lad didn't run much further. And i didn't swear at all.........

We like executions 👍😅

Weird seeing this now and I'm only after trapping a finger in work, got off lightly though, there's nothing like that feeling to near trigger a heart attack or soiled undercrackers.

Think my oddest finger injury was in high school, using the belt linisher my hand slipped and I linished a big flat spot on the tip of my finger, surprisingly there was no blood as the heat melted the skin over the fingernail and kept it sealed... result👍