Advice needed Internet price

ditchman

im not that keyed up on internet packages.....they are really confusing...........

at the moment i am paying £59.00/mth..........for internet and landline which includes calls

QUESTION

am i being ripped off.................

all i use the internet for is Browsing PW and buying stuff from Amazon.....i dont stream movies or anything else...and calls that i make are all within England............

BT will negotiate quite a lot if you remain calm and reasonable - and act in good time. Explain you are a pensioner and can't afford the renewal quote and are seriously thinking about taking a 'new customer' offer from their rivals, and don't accept the first two reduced offers they make. Be sure you know the rivals deals are relevant in your area.

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

right it is evident im being strapped naked to a barrell and being rogered sens3eless.............i shall be on the phone tomorrow after my blood test

everyone these days wants my blood...

If it’s BT, log into your account - I did this recently after I came out of contract with them.  They offered several ‘upgrade packages’ one of which was exactly the same package I was already on at approx £60 but I could renew for £33.  I’d let my admin slip, but didn’t hesitate in sorting it out when I realised.  Took less than 5 minutes to change.

BT

BT moved all the call centres from India back to the UK so now you can have a sensible conversation with a Brit.   As Jonty has suggested if you don't want to go down the call centre route then use their web site to find a better deal - the humans in the call centre have negotiation abilities and will seek to find an agreeable price which is what I did.

£59 is a lot, in comparison I pay £57.99 but have the fibre to premise Ultra-fast Gigabit connection (in reality 920 Mb), we don't have a land-line phone or use BT's add on entertainment packages.   We do use Amazon Prime Video and Netflix for movie streaming though.  

Edited by Cosmicblue

All the folk who have suggested sim only would be spending their time online at the bottom of the garden if they lived where I live. A lot of East Anglia is poorly serviced for mobile signal.

We are also poor rurally with equipment installation in local cabinets that is not BT hence end up paying higher prices and having less choice. We simlly do not have the density of chimney pots that interests the cherry pickers of the easy profits.

I have to send and receive mobile calls via my broadband when in the house. 

I would always start here https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/tools-and-calculators/ as they compare most providers.

The John Lewis deal looks reasonable, £20 a month for 10mb speed and includes evening and weekend calls which suits most folk. Tech savvy folk can jump through the hoops and save a few quid here and there but sometimes the simple solution is worth the extra.