Cricket on Channel 4

The Heron

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, The Heron said:

England are really up against it not only they playing the Indian cricketers but three umpires as well. 

Was watching it on 4+1 to see what all the fuss was about. My opinion is that the umpires were just a tad biased,,,, all the commentators said as much. As said previously,,,, "SHOCKING" !!!

That pitch is a nightmare. That said, if we had won the toss I doubt we would be complaining but its a shame that the game of cricket just becomes a coin toss lottery. 

Normally there would be independent umpires but covid put paid to that. I've played cricket in India and been victim to their dodgy decisions! LBW when I've middled the ball to cover, caught behind when I've missed the ball by about 6 inches, run out when I was past the stumps before the wicket was broken etc. I did find that buying the umpires breakfast before the game helped. 

• 2 weeks later...

Leach's fielding on the boundary pretty much summed up our day, terrible viewing !

Also the stumping review did anyone think the third umpire was very quick to give the decision ? Two quick replays and he's not out.

On a positive Kohli has just gone and Pope must be rather chuffed with that.

Glad you mentioned Pope. How many chances does he want. Unless it's me I have never seen him do anything . I would sooner see an extra bowler because his run contribution is usually insignificant.

As far as the rest of the team, so many look out of sorts. Their body language is terrible, looks like plenty of them dont even want to be there.

I can see an innings defeat as the most likely outcome

To be fair I think Pope will be a key player in that England middle order for years to come, he just seems to have hit a bit of wall. 

India is always a tough place to tour and two tests ago they looked like world beaters, it will come back around but I think is the reality check they may well have needed. 

They won the toss which was key but couldn’t put it to any use and fell apart, the wicket of Kohli is huge but sadly I think the writing is already on the wall after a day but we’ll all tune in tomorrow I’m sure.