DPD couriers

steve_b_wales

I arranged for the above courier company to collect a package. Yesterday, I received an email from the company that stated 'your DPD driver 'Derek' will be collecting the package between 10.04am-11.04am today. At 10.08am my wife saw a DPD van pull up opposite our house. At 10.10am I received another email from them stating, 'Sorry, we couldn't deliver/collect the package as our drivers are on a tight schedule. 'Derek' didn't even bother knocking on our door/ringing the bell. I contacted DPD to complain and was told, 'the driver has taken a photograph of your front door! I asked, then why did the driver not bother to knock on the door etc, and was told that 'Derek' ( and other drivers) would not do this as it's not in their interest to do such a thing! Another date/time has been arranged. I used to praise DPD as I've always had good service from them, but not anymore. I only hope that 'Derek' will be calling tomorrow so I can have a 'quick chat' with him!!!!

I think it depends on the actual driver. Our DPD driver is a gem. He was off for 2 days a while back and the first day his replacement tried to deliver, we got "carded" by email. No actual card, just a photo of our conservatory. We arranged redelivery stating to leave the parcel under the carport round the back of the house and he left it in the conservatory at the front of the house. At no time did he knock and neither of us heard him. We think he must have been a ninja. 

1 minute ago, walshie said:

I think it depends on the actual driver. Our DPD driver is a gem. He was off for 2 days a while back and the first day his replacement tried to deliver, we got "carded" by email. No actual card, just a photo of our conservatory. We arranged redelivery stating to leave the parcel under the carport round the back of the house and he left it in the conservatory at the front of the house. At no time did he knock and neither of us heard him. We think he must have been a ninja. 

I tend to agree with you, regarding the actual driver. I've had many deliveries in the past, and as far as I can remember, all different drivers. I think 'Derek' pulled a fast one for some reason!

Similarly DPD were supposed to deliver between 1608 and 1708  -  total no show, excuse no contact number - they had texted me the times???   2 days later package arrived 10 minutes into slot.  Placed on it's side in the porch with the bottom if the box half opened and the driver disappearing at speed through the gate.   The package had obviously been dropped from height or thrown from the van as only 18 of the 40 items in it were unbroken the rest were shattered Plates and bowls.  It had been well packed as is normal by the seller (the blue and yellow housewares store).

Edited by Yellow Bear

Well, I have not had a problem from them or any other delivery service. In fact the DPD chap is normally on our route and is first class. I did have a delivery yesterday via Amazon, spot on time delivery but the driver looked like ferret after a rabbit and was back out of our yard before I could say thankyou. Don't want to make excues for them but they semm to run to a times schedule and as we all know it only takes one slight holdup on route to throw that to the birds.  I have never used the pick up service as I normally use the Royal Mail to support our local post offcie.

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I arranged for the above courier company to collect a package. Yesterday, I received an email from the company that stated 'your DPD driver 'Derek' will be collecting the package between 10.04am-11.04am today. At 10.08am my wife saw a DPD van pull up opposite our house. At 10.10am I received another email from them stating, 'Sorry, we couldn't deliver/collect the package as our drivers are on a tight schedule. 'Derek' didn't even bother knocking on our door/ringing the bell. I contacted DPD to complain and was told, 'the driver has taken a photograph of your front door! I asked, then why did the driver not bother to knock on the door etc, and was told that 'Derek' ( and other drivers) would not do this as it's not in their interest to do such a thing! Another date/time has been arranged. I used to praise DPD as I've always had good service from them, but not anymore. I only hope that 'Derek' will be calling tomorrow so I can have a 'quick chat' with him!!!!

derek was busting for a poo and needed to get back to the depot asap , unfortunately his tablet doesnt have the poo option on the app , so he couldnt let you know steve :good:

Exactly the same happened to me with DPD, photograph etc, however the driver told his hierarchy that he knocked at the door………..  Until I said I would be happy to send a copy of my CCTV recording, showing him stopping 10ft from the door, taking a photo and then returning to his van🙄 

Don't deserve a job, some of them!…………. although they gave me £50 off my tumble dryer as an apology.

9 hours ago, KB1 said:

Exactly the same happened to me with DPD, photograph etc, however the driver told his hierarchy that he knocked at the door………..  Until I said I would be happy to send a copy of my CCTV recording, showing him stopping 10ft from the door, taking a photo and then returning to his van🙄 

Don't deserve a job, some of them!…………. although they gave me £50 off my tumble dryer as an apology.

I doubt DPD gave you anything, it was more like likely the company you bought the drier from that gave you the £50 so DPD had a win there and the seller was out of pocket.

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

They are all freelancers and paid per drop, you wouldn't want to be doing it for what they earn

One of my guys at work was talking to a parcel delivery guy , he said that they get 60p for a successful delivery . Out of that 60p , they need to pay their wage , and keep their transport on the road . It doesn't stand thinking about.  

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

They are all freelancers and paid per drop, you wouldn't want to be doing it for what they earn

Exactly. I have had no problem with any of the companies and used Hermes for years with no problem and i live out in the country. But with the lockdowns etc and more and more online orders. They are subletting to some odd charactors in knackered old vans. But they have been delivering. And this has helped those that could not do their every day job. So on the other hand some wish to try and  work and pay their way. I know of a young educated man in a very good job But cannot do his work So he delivers for Amazon to pay his way

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

UPDATE:

Rebooked for collection the next day. My driver 'Kyron' turned up on time, put a barcode on the package, scanned it, gave me a receipt and took the package. All in less than 3 minutes. 

Like others have said it is all down to the individual driver, some good, some very bad and a few great ones that make it all easy.