DPD couriers

steve_b_wales

On 05/02/2021 at 08:14, sportsbob said:

I doubt DPD gave you anything, it was more like likely the company you bought the drier from that gave you the £50 so DPD had a win there and the seller was out of pocket.

You're actually correct…...

• 2 weeks later...

I knew our regular guy was off and I was due a delivery today. Supposedly between 13.30 and 14.30. I was dreading it as every time the regular guy is off, the stand in mucks it up and he didn't disappoint. 13.55 I got a text saying it had been delivered and signed for - just not here. I phoned DPD and they couldn't care less and wouldn't call the driver. 

Instead of delivering to a house name in one town, he managed to deliver to a house number in a random street in a different town. Not only that, he left it with their neighbour. :lol:

The bloke who received it off his neighbour told his sister. His sister put a message up on facebook. A friend of my son saw it on facebook and recognised the surname and town and texted him asking if he knew me. He sent him a screenshot of the post. My son messaged the sister who said her brother was just going into town to the petrol station and would meet us there to give us the package.

What's the chances of that?

Or would it have been easier to deliver it to the right address in the first place? Google maps and Tomtom literally put my postcode on the roof of my house. 

We really have excellent drivers for all services in Lancashire. Our postie is a star, always with a smile and a quick quip. Now when we are in North Wales that’s a whole different ball game. Admittedly we’re out in the sticks, 10 miles from the nearest town, down a 2 mile track. Amazon usually make it, DPD usually do, but the Royal Mail rarely bother and more often than not leave it in the village part-time post office for collection.

6 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

We really have excellent drivers for all services in Lancashire. Our postie is a star, always with a smile and a quick quip. Now when we are in North Wales that’s a whole different ball game. Admittedly we’re out in the sticks, 10 miles from the nearest town, down a 2 mile track. Amazon usually make it, DPD usually do, but the Royal Mail rarely bother and more often than not leave it in the village part-time post office for collection.

North Wales & Royal Mail = recipe for disaster

Was in that there Bangor, visiting swmbo's side of the family.
I'd been repairing a sword scabbard for some folk, they needed it for a wedding, so I took it with me to finish off while the swmbo clan are comparing Ugg boots and various shopping "bargains", etc.
All finished...nice time of day, so wander into the High Street to mail the thing & grab a sarnie for lunch

Get to the MAIN town Post Office - Bangor High St. - close to midday...tell the counter staff I need this to be there 24 Hr Special Delivery so it gets there tomorrow.
Oh, sorry, the post has been collected already today.
Turns out their LAST COLLECTION of the day was something like 09.15 - as after that the High St was closed to traffic! Made about as much sense as an SNP manifesto!
I then had to get back to the relatives, get in the car & use sat-nav to find somewhere that would take a parcel that day.

North Wales logic....